App Review Avira Antivirus Pro v2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Avira Pro version test!
Avira is a very well known antivirus for the general public.
It has been in the computer security business for a very long time, although it was bought by Norton in 2021.

The suite has a new look with an interface that is finally finished, but which is relatively heavy on the CPU level for my taste.
Avira also has a pro-active module called Sentry, inherited from the defunct BullGuard....

As far as protection is concerned, Avira is very good!
It was able to protect us against the different threats I have put in front of it.
It has a very good database and its Cloud (HEUR/APC) makes up for a lot.

The machine is still infected, because RemoteManiulator is present, and traces of JRat are also there.
Even if Avira has managed to clean several traces of JRat (Avira calls it Banload), you will have to clean it with a disinfection tool.

Apart from these 2 elements that are gone, Avira is recommendable. It has managed to keep a machine alive, even if it needs to be cleaned.

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 33 files out of 216.
Avira catches several malware at launch via its Cloud.

It lets RemoteManipulator through. JRat tries to install itself, but Avira blocks information files created by it.
The PC is alive at the end of the test.
Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
Avira : 6 (Avira shows 7 but detects a VyprVPN file - Ignored)
NPE: 4 (Norton indicates 5 but 1 are false positives, ignored)
KVRT : 3

Recommand : Recommended
System Clean : System partielly infected

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Avira Pro version test!
Avira is a very well known antivirus for the general public.
It has been in the computer security business for a very long time, although it was bought by Norton in 2021.

The suite has a new look with an interface that is finally finished, but which is relatively heavy on the CPU level for my taste.
Avira also has a pro-active module called Sentry, inherited from the defunct BullGuard....

As far as protection is concerned, Avira is very good!
It was able to protect us against the different threats I have put in front of it.
It has a very good database and its Cloud (HEUR/APC) makes up for a lot.

The machine is still infected, because RemoteManiulator is present, and traces of JRat are also there.
Even if Avira has managed to clean several traces of JRat (Avira calls it Banload), you will have to clean it with a disinfection tool.

Apart from these 2 elements that are gone, Avira is recommendable. It has managed to keep a machine alive, even if it needs to be cleaned.

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 33 files out of 216.
Avira catches several malware at launch via its Cloud.

It lets RemoteManipulator through. JRat tries to install itself, but Avira blocks information files created by it.
The PC is alive at the end of the test.
Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
Avira : 6 (Avira shows 7 but detects a VyprVPN file - Ignored)
NPE: 4 (Norton indicates 5 but 1 are false positives, ignored)
KVRT : 3

Recommand : Recommended
System Clean : System partielly infected

Thank you so much for the test, you never fail us ❤️

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Good test !! Can i also ask something, when i run Avira free security on the amtso.org test (detect PUA test) it takes up to 10 - 15 seconds to have a popup that its blocked , is this normal for others too with avira ??? Other AV's respond faster with a warning popup.

cloud3213

Level 1
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Good test !! Can i also ask something, when i run Avira free security on the amtso.org test (detect PUA test) it takes up to 10 - 15 seconds to have a popup that its blocked , is this normal for others too with avira ??? Other AV's respond faster with a warning popup.

That got blocked instantly with Bitdefender armor.

Screenshot_20221030_035348.png

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

I'm watching with Avira tonight :)

With Eset 16

Capture d’écran 2022-10-31 084525.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.