Advice Request Avira marketing: Aggressive and annoying

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I don't like to turn off AVs newsletter because it may have good offers, but Avira is SUPER annoying, really.

EVERY week, sometimes two days in sequence I got a message asking me to renew because my trial period is over.

We miss you, you are unprotected, we had a good year together (tried Avira 2 days and they say that).

Avira-Annoying.png

And I don't even know what language this is. Really, aggressive marketing and makes me never wanna try Avira again.

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
I don't like to turn off AVs newsletter because it may have good offers, but Avira is SUPER annoying, really.

EVERY week, sometimes two days in sequence I got a message asking me to renew because my trial period is over.

We miss you, you are unprotected, we had a good year together (tried Avira 2 days and they say that).

View attachment 244583

And I don't even know what language this is. Really, aggressive marketing and makes me never wanna try Avira again.
Is the Italian language :D
Basically they are telling to you to renew the license.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016

View attachment 244583

--------- Translation from Italian ---------
Since you didn’t renew, we’ve missed you.
That's why we offer you a great loyalty discount to reactivate your advanced protection.

Reactivates advanced protection

Olà Fàbio,

Your safety is important to us. Don't you want to renew your license for advanced protection? We want to offer you an easy way to enjoy complete protection against hackers, cybercriminals and even public authorities.

Renew my Avira advanced protection right away with a big saving deal

Note: After renewing your licence, be sure to perform a full system scan!
With our best wishes,
---------

Reactions: [correlate]

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
At the time of test-driving a car, it is necessary to be prepared to deal with some sales talk.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.