AX64 DEAD... I have a suggestion. Now that you ruined it. Give it back to Isso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodney74

Thread author
Just found out that AX64 is dead. I am shocked that my favorite software (when Isso was in charge) went belly up.

Many really liked it, many stopped using it after AX64 was sold to other developers who obviously were not up to the task.

A suggestion "GIVE IT BACK TO ISSO"

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Just found out that AX64 is dead. I am shocked that my favorite software (when Isso was in charge) went belly up.

Many really liked it, many stopped using it after AX64 was sold to other developers who obviously were not up to the task.

A suggestion "GIVE IT BACK TO ISSO"

He sold it , means, the patent included, no way he can get it back , unless the incompetent vendor sell him back. I was beta-tester for Isso until he sold it; i never look back at it since.

R

Rodney74

Thread author
He sold it , means, the patent included, no way he can get it back , unless the incompetent vendor sell him back. I was beta-tester for Isso until he sold it; i never look back at it since.

How can you take something like that or buy it, screw it up via incompetence, or not having the skill set, thus ruining it for everyone, and NOT give it to the orig author, with an apology, asking him to fix it, since TONS of people spent hard earned money on it.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Not surprised. I mean in comparison to RollBack Rx or other snapshot tools it wasn't fast enough; and it wasn't quite full featured like even the most free of freeware disk imagers (i.e. Macrium Reflect Free)

Problem of having a niche that's sort of too niche if you ask me.

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Reactions: frogboy

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Dear users,

We do sincerely apologize for the lack of updates.

First and foremost, we are still in business.

Our users deserve an explanation of the lack of updates and where we are going next.

Where we are at now:

We are a very modest team who have to make ends meets, running other jobs and often FlashBack taking a back seat. We have poured thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of our own money into this project.

None of the team wish to abandon the project, although often we do for periods of time to bring food to the table. But at our roots, we've gone through thick and thin (even before AX64) to produce a product we really believed in - and total abandonment is something hope to avoid. Our lack of appearance on forums and support channels is inexcusable. And if we want to continue, this mode of operation it is not sustainable.

Going forward:

Interim period:

As stated above, this method of operation is not sustainable. Users are upset, some users are responded to quickly, others slowly. This inconsistent service is something we've gained a reputation for and it must change or indeed, we must shut down.

As an immediate measure, we welcome all users with pending questions to contact us at info@ax64.com. We will do our best to respond to you quickly and answer your questions. If your program isn't working and we cannot resolve your issue, of course, we are happy to issue a full refund.

Transition period:

We are in negotiation with a number of different parties who empathize and understand FlashBack and its difficult journey. If negotiations go smoothly, FlashBack will be reinvigorated with a more stable team and be able to support its users like it used to many years ago.

We truly hope negotiations go smoothly and we can support our users as they ought to be.

Closing Comments:

The journey of FlashBack or as others know it, AX64 - has endured so much. We'd love to sit down with our users and just share everything like close friends. There's a lot that goes behind the scenes that we cannot disclose. This is a saga that spans time well before AX64 - there has been been deception, betrayals as well as big dreams, great people and of course a supportive (albeit dissapointed) user base. Despite the downs, we are more thankful for the ups.

We understand people are upset, angry and very little of what we can say can appease that. In short, in this interim - we will support you, refund you and with some luck, support you as we did at the birth of AX64.

Happy holidays and thank you all for your patience and support.

Best regards,

FlaskBack Team (Formerly AX64)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
wajamus, Nov 29, 2016

More PR, posted on wilders
Almost the same PR a year ago

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am using AX64 V2 on Win 10 64 Anniversary fully updated. Works good & no probs.
Easy to use & fast enough creating/restoring snapshots.

Sad, the development is discontinued...an excellent product died slowly & silently.

I will see how long will it work i.e future Win 10 builds.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I am using AX64 V2 on Win 10 64 Anniversary fully updated. Works good & no probs.
Easy to use & fast enough creating/restoring snapshots.

Sad, the development is discontinued...an excellent product died slowly & silently.

I will see how long will it work i.e future Win 10 builds.

It died the day it was sold, then began to be buggy, previous beta testers not considered , so no wonder it dies.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It died the day it was sold, then began to be buggy, previous beta testers not considered , so no wonder it dies.
Latest stable AX64 V2 works super for me on Win 10, no probs, bugs, etc noticed.

I have used Rollback Rx & AX64 V2, I find AX64 better in terms of reliability & fast enough restore speed, Bugs not noticed with any.

I have read quite a lot in the extensive threads of Rollback, AX64 & Macrium on Wilders. I am quite familiar with the products pros-cons & users experiences with the products. And have quite a few times requested info on products from the expert user "TheRollbackFrog" through PM.

After everything I find Macrium Latest Pro overall better. I dont have Macrium Latest Pro license. Never tried it But "TheRollbackFrog" & others have lots of good things to say about latest Macrium Pro stability, reliability, speed, etc...

AX64 V2 I find overall better than Rollback Rx. Easy to use & maintenance.

Rollback Rx is the fastest in create/restore speed But long boot time, uninstall to update Windows, etc... i.e maintenance & risk factor is little high compared to other 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
But long boot time, uninstall to update Windows,

only long on your machine (you surely have something interfering ), not on mine which is a i5 cpu or on other people i know to use it. About uninstalling it, it is valid only for upgrades of Windows , not updates.
Anyway using an almost abandoned software is waste of time.

I rather ask a refund and buy Macrium.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
only long on your machine (you surely have something interfering ), not on mine which is a i5 cpu or on other people i know to use it. About uninstalling it, it is valid only for upgrades of Windows , not updates.
Anyway using an almost abandoned software is waste of time.

I rather ask a refund and buy Macrium.
i5, 6GB RAM here.
Just Avast IS & Adguard Desktop enabled on Startup But I have tried with other AVs & Windows inbuilt security too And had the same boot black screen & desktop icons, etc... too take few secs to appear.

Only Windows Upgrades...do you count those "Cumulative Win 10 Updates" as upgrades or updates?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use to uninstall Rollback for Win 10 cumulative updates too.

So you dont uninstall Rollback for Win 10 cumulative updates & never had probs?

And you uninstall Rollback for major Win 10 upgrades only like previous build to anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.