Solved Baidu PC Faster damaged Unninstal Wizard

Silas Charleaux

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
I'm making this thread to get some information about removal/unninstall procedures.

Since my house main PC is used by everyone, it is a static station (PC) in our main room free to use, I have many problems to keep it running smooth.

Knowing this, we got this disease, BAIDU PC Faster software. It is fully root protected and is a real pain to be removed.

I tried several process killers and malware removers and it is still alocated in my HD, its entry cannot be removed from the unninstall dialog window.

As a last resource I tried the website guide for removal and I still have it attached to my Unninstall window and I can still find its registry entries via revoUnninstaller.

Is there any help in this word to remove it? May I Install it again on purpose and remove it afterwards?

It seems internet is not a friendly enviroment at all no more. You could navigate freely before, today it is almost impossible without impregnating your PC with malware and bots. Sad.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Silas Charleaux

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your assistance. Also I'm open to any tips that can help my improving this computer performance.

I'm aware that it has only 2gb of DDR Ram, since the other has fried, but it worked before with same specs pretty well.

Anyway here goes the files, also I apologize for taking so long to reply.

Regards.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 95
  • FRST.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 92

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

First, go to Control Panel and uninstall following:
- Codec Pack Packages
- Google Update Helper

***** NEXT *****

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

***** NEXT *****

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    emptyfolderscheck;delete
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 89

Silas Charleaux

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Well. Done as you said!

Although I felt very insecure about doing so. Since it is a .com .exe file which I could not take a peek inside since not even notepad++ could read into it and besides last commands which were plain written for everyone armed with noob knowledge as me.

Although it is like a flee in ones ear.

I might be targeting you wrongly with some internet paranoia. But this executable file could quite be doint anything as removing away some bots as it installing its own, besides the clear script interface.

This guy Smeenk might as well saving everyone asses from day-to-day bots as making his own internet army for bitcoin farm. It is just a tought.

Anyway, lets keep it up. Here it goes.

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    7 KB · Views: 94

Silas Charleaux

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Could not upload to here direct from C:\, so I saved in Desktop with another name.

Attachments

• other-result.txt
    7 KB · Views: 55

Silas Charleaux

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Well, I must say I'm satisfied. Anyway I have been tweaking my connection with TCP optimizer and I put down all windows effects and went for performance settings.

Also Baidu PC Faster still here. There is some lack of words to describe my feelings about this software.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    411 bytes · Views: 112

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.