Baidu PC Faster : Is it a Malware/Malicious Software ?

Would you install Baidu PC Faster on your computer?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Product name
Baidu PC Faster
Pros
  • I was suppose to evaluate it
CONS
Bitdefender alerts about a malware
BOTTOM LINE
Is it another free malware/ jinkware

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi!! Has any one of us tried or tested Baidu products. I just installed Baidu PC faster for evaluation purpose only to get the following alerts from my Bitdefender AV. Scary and shocking. Another free Chinese product.:mad:
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yes, this is what makes me question the concept of completely free software solutions. Why in this world would any one offer us a penny for free if other wise their intentions are different.

Sadly mostly every program nowdays are junkware/adware.

Reactions: El-Bainy

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
this is funny joke!
its impossible a none rich unknown chiness company make a free complete tool.
its free software by his agreement(!) and you accept them and agree them to use any thing they want.
they get free software and take their economy from spying user.
they can harm your PC or spying you regular and lawment .
this software is not harmless but spying you :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Alright guys lets not jump to conclusions first of all it is NOT malware, it is listed on Softpedia as 100% clean and most major download sites that scan programs for malware. BitDefender should be ashamed for detecting a false positive from one of its competitors. BitDefender markets a similar product which is just as much junkware but charges you for it.
Baidu PC Faster is totally freeware, it is a system maintenance tool like Advanced SystemCare, Wise care 365, Glary Utilities, etc.

Never trust BitDefender's detection: it is the biggest false positive king of the AV world.

Enjoy!! :D

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Alright guys lets not jump to conclusions first of all it is NOT malware, it is listed on Softpedia as 100% clean and most major download sites that scan programs for malware. BitDefender should be ashamed for detection a false positive from one of its competitors. BitDefender markets a similar product which is just as much junkware but charges you for it.
Baidu PC Faster is totally freeware, it is a system maintenance tool like Advanced SystemCare, Wise care 365, Glary Utilities, etc.

Never trust BitDefender's detection: it is the biggest false positive king of the AV world.

What if it was malware and listed on Softpedia? :eek:

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Alright guys lets not jump to conclusions first of all it is NOT malware, it is listed on Softpedia as 100% clean and most major download sites that scan programs for malware. BitDefender should be ashamed for detection a false positive from one of its competitors. BitDefender markets a similar product which is just as much junkware but charges you for it.

Hmmm... Its really quite difficult in the present times to conclude " who is correct":p

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014

Baidu is not harmful but it download many unknown software without user agreement.
unknown software may be harmfull.
if bitdefender detect this software as malware you can tell this!
we see bitdefender in virus total not detected baidu is harmful!
clean software but...
:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I just installed it to prove it is safe. First it did not come with any bundled adware period, it is 100% clean. I even checked the temp folders and nothing malicious was there.

The installer images on http://vaksin.com/2014/0214/baidu foistware/baidu foistware.html did not match the installer images from the installer downloaded from official Baidu's website. As you can see below. The installer images on that site must have been download from an untrusted source not Baidu's website.

Hv0WYzv.jpg
PsGGFHw.jpg

OiPW8BM.jpg

The product actually has a lot of useful features. It kind of reminds me of Toolwiz Care.
Just scanned all the files added by Baidu PC Faster and my system is 100% clean.

Users should report this false positive to BitDefender.

Thanks. :D

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
You don't want to install these "PC Speedup" software anyways... It only does more damage.

Good counsel for an inexperienced user. My approach is avoid registry cleaning and, with that in mind, "one-click" functionality. But otherwise I find these programs useful. For one thing, they often get junk files that CCleaner missed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.