Baidu PC Faster : Is it a Malware/Malicious Software ?

Would you install Baidu PC Faster on your computer?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Product name
Baidu PC Faster
Pros
  • I was suppose to evaluate it
CONS
Bitdefender alerts about a malware
BOTTOM LINE
Is it another free malware/ jinkware

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Baidu Antivirus works as good as many of the major AV soulutions outhere. If that app "cleaner or optimizer" You have showed here is from Baiud, is most likely it can't be called "Malware". You could call it something related to a "PuP". Yet, it will probably work like 90+% of the software on nowadays, collect personal data and statistics. Take a look at Qihoo360, that AV is quite effective and will protect you very good, it's free? of course not, you pay with the data they collect about you. That's the new real "Bitcoin". Wondering if there is any AV solution that does not collect any piece of data at all, then, you could complain about Baidu, they are just one more Company working the way the have to. If Baidu PC Faster works for you, and you like it use it!. If it not or did not install with your consent, then unistall, plain simple. As if it is a virus, I won't call it a Virus, neither Malware.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Amuse by so many ignorance here. XD

Yes, baidu 's product 're all malware it act as virus and mostly install in your pc without your permission.

Gladly that cp able to remove it now, since make a company and try to be a good guy, even sigh some contract with Asus.
At first it even more hard to remove. - -

back there I got request about 3 times a week for clean up baidu stuff from pcs in my host company.
Actually I made pretty much $$$ form it, I pretty love it that time.

Yes it can do some cleaning, any cleaner software could do that. (make a cleaning program 's not so hard anyways)

But, it build for advertisement perpose so it will keep download some trash from its server, and slow down the internet.
also change your homepage to baidu and starter page to baidu(when you open web browser new tab.)
this place still hard for a newby to remove.

and also with performance test(outside baidu and asus company) pc with baidu 're slower than normal.

Do you really trust the program from a country that made chicken egg with plastic - -

Am sorry to say, but this is completely false information. If you could tell us from where the users have downloaded the product from, it's important to see that there are download sites where softwares are bundled with various adwares.

Moreover most freeware softwares are adware , even the magnificient CCleaner, Avast etc that offers you to install other products, it's mostly the users fault when they simply click Next, Next during instalations, when they have to uncheck the various boxes they have to during installation.

This is the same as a browser that doesn't have an adblocker, and users click various 'Download' buttons appearing on their browser, and all what it does is not to download the original product but various other products.

An adware product is not virus, if you want to know more about it check here:
Software Watch - Adware Watch List

Reactions: Kent

kiraku

Oct 3, 2014
Am sorry to say, but this is completely false information. If you could tell us from where the users have downloaded the product from, it's important to see that there are download sites where softwares are bundled with various adwares.

Moreover most freeware softwares are adware , even the magnificient CCleaner, Avast etc that offers you to install other products, it's mostly the users fault when they simply click Next, Next during instalations, when they have to uncheck the various boxes they have to during installation.

This is the same as a browser that doesn't have an adblocker, and users click various 'Download' buttons appearing on their browser, and all what it does is not to download the original product but various other products.

An adware product is not virus, if you want to know more about it check here:
Software Watch - Adware Watch List

I don't know the reason why you support that program.

But by the ways you said you agree that Baidu use the phishing method to advertise too.
If it really good why they do that?

And for what I said, false information or not here's the check list.

1. After you infect by Baidu your browser will force to change to their homepage, and you will have to bother find some way to change it back.
2. If the program really good, why there're many question how to remove Baidu floating around, try google search you'll find a lots of it.
3. Do the performance test before and after Baidu installed you will see the normal version will faster.

Reactions: momoro

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I don't know the reason why you support that program.

But by the ways you said you agree that Baidu use the phishing method to advertise too.
If it really good why they do that?

And for what I said, false information or not here's the check list.

1. After you infect by Baidu your browser will force to change to their homepage, and you will have to bother find some way to change it back.
2. If the program really good, why there're many question how to remove Baidu floating around, try google search you'll find a lots of it.
3. Do the performance test before and after Baidu installed you will see the normal version will faster.

1. I don't get which Baidu program you're referring to. Please tell that first. It's not uncommon that freeware softwares bundle other products in their installer, but if you deselect the required checkboxes, you won't get the search bars or your homepage won't be changed. If you want to know more products that does that, it's there in the link I've given in the above post. Many are from reputed companies, and it's this way that many freeware softwares work, because that's how they get their revenue.

2. There are various other articles on how to remove AVG secure search toolbars from your browser. There are various reputed products that tries to install AVG toolbar like DriverMax during installation. This is not necessary but it's upto the user, if they deselect the corresponding checkboxes they won't get the toolbar. But does this mean AVG is a bad product? This was simply one among the many examples out there.

3. Do you mean Baidu PC Faster?

Baidu PC Faster has been given 100% clean certificate from Softpedia, so you dont' have to worry anything during installation.

momoro

Oct 23, 2014
You guys know that japan government also warns that Baidu is spyware?

Cause they detect the data transmissions.

And also in the contract of using Baidu they allow themself to do that.
Make them a legally malware lol

Reactions: kiric96

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
You guys know that japan government also warns that Baidu is spyware?

Cause they detect the data transmissions.

And also in the contract of using Baidu they allow themself to do that.
Make them a legally malware lol

really? do you have the article with the info....?

Reactions: Sr. Normal and Kent
S

Sr. Normal

Hi

The truth is that i don´t know how is the new installer , but I had it on my computer a year ago and had a hard time uninstalling it , there was always something on the computer , even when passed Ccleaner and similars.
I remember I had to use a folder Unlocker to remove the traces left .

About its quality ?. The truth is that at first it was great , the speed change is noticeable, very similar to Kingsoft PC Doctor (which I also uninstalled).

I dislike much it costs to take your program computer , a basic user not have/must know uninstall using external tools and no user should consider whether it is " a magical product" or an infection.

Greetings and good day to all

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Interesting that no one as yet has voted yes to install this offering.

Regards Eck:)

daniel_wu

Dec 9, 2014
All these "Speed Up" programs are junks!
They stay active in the memory.
They show you ads to buy their premium version, from time to time.
They gobble up precious resources.

Who needs them anyway?
-We only need to schedule windows defrag.
-We only need to remember to install only needed programs on our PC.

Reactions: Behold Eck

BobC

Dec 29, 2014
Interesting comments. I came across this site when I was trying to uninstall Baidu Faster PC. I checked it after downloading from a trusted site (FreewareBB, MajorGeeks, Filehippo or SourceForge). I ran both Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware against it and both showed it to be clean. I installed it and it installed both the Antivirus support plus the PC Faster support. BTW, I no longer use CNET (haven't for a couple of years, Softonic, Softpedia and a couple of other sites as they now return a "down-loader file" which installs crapware along with the program you want (sometimes you get to "accept or not" option and sometimes you don't).

Regardless, I decided to uninstall it because it loaded a "monitoring" module which would not terminate via the Task Manager (Window 7, Home Premium). I then tried Advanced Uninstaller (with deep scan to clean up any registry and other items missed by Microsoft's Program Remover S/W - like all MS S/W, it typically does a half@$$ job IMO). I was able to uninstall the Baidu Antivirus S/W but still had registry entries that would not delete - most likely needed by the Baidu Faster PC. I then tried to delete PC Faster and it would not delete (actually tried to delete this before deleting its A/V program). I also tried Revo Uninstaller, the one with CCleaner, one from Puran, one from WinUtilities and one from WiseCare365. None of them could get rid of it. I went to the Program File(X86) and found the Baidu Uninstaller and ran it successfully.

My complaint with Baidu (also Glary and IOBIT Advanced System Care) is when they restrict choice of what gets installed and not letting you decide when to run it. I used to use Glary until one of its revisions not only limited my choice of what and when to run certain parts, but running it deleted stuff that it should not have deleted. My recent download of ASC 8 also kept loading startup parts that I did not want. I should note that I went into Windows Services and tried to "Stop" and set propertied" to "Manual" or "Disable" and could not. Even when I was successful on, later invocation reset them back to "Start" and "Automatic" with no option in the "Settings" to prevent this reset.
I do run multiple cleanup programs as I have found that each seems to find things that the others don't. Likewise with defragmenting. I can run various defragmenting programs and then run Defraggler and still find a number of fragmented files - even after running the Windows Disk Defrag program. There is a knack to writing a defragment program, but the very frequent Windows Updates tends to generate a lot of fragmentation of system files, making hard to produce a good defragmentation program.

Reactions: conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Welcome to Malware Tips, BobC. I'm sure someone as knowledgeable as you will get along well here. If you haven't posted at the introductory forum yet, please do.

I used to use Glary until one of its revisions not only limited my choice of what and when to run certain parts, but running it deleted stuff that it should not have deleted.

I love Glary Utilities, especially for its disk space analysis module. Please tell me about what it wrongfully deleted.

My recent download of ASC 8 also kept loading startup parts that I did not want.

I had Advanced System Care Pro running on realtime. It continually changed my configurations, and one day I found that, contrary to my configuration, it had wiped out my Firefox history. At that point the program promptly was jerked from autostart. Off autostart it seems to be behaving itself.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.