New Update Bitdefender - BDTS updates

G

Guilhermesene

I'm using Kaspersky, but just out of curiosity I took a look at the Bitdefender community and came across this

As you can see, now apparently they are putting some notes about the updates 🙂 this is already an advance

Points for Bitdefender ✔️

The most recent note is this:

firefox_DeWyjBL4Es.png

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guilhermesene

Are they publishing changelogs now? updates were always under the rug, never published publicly, better late than never, this has always been a request from the community, congratulations 🙌
Yes in the link I mentioned above, they are posting the changelogs for the updates. It was a community request a long time ago. However, it is now being answered.

Points for Bitdefender ✔️🅱️

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Interesting! I didn't know this because I'm still using Windows 10 and I don't plan on switching to 11 anytime soon, but what you said is great news.
Yeah, one less click to scan something. So it's good.
That's the older context menu. I'm talking about the new context menu that was introduced in Windows 11.

1.png
Don't have BD installed at the moment, so it's not showing here.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I don't see the sense to have all menu entries again in W11 mode, so why then Microsoft added the additional expanded option? just 1 more click, I prefer to keep in W11 the main entries that come by default, and then if I need an additional menu entry, then go to expanded menu 🤷‍♂️

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I don't see the sense to have all menu entries again in W11 mode, so why then Microsoft added the additional expanded option? just 1 more click, I prefer to keep in W11 the main entries that come by default, and then if I need an additional menu entry, then go to expanded menu 🤷‍♂️
Well, it's Microsoft's fault that they made this new context menu. They should've just updated the look of the old one to match with Windows 11's theme.
But since we have it, I prefer this new context menu to have more options so that I don't need to make that extra click. That's what Microsoft also wants app developers to do.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Well, it's Microsoft's fault that they made this new context menu. They should've just updated the look of the old one to match with Windows 11's theme.
But since we have it, I prefer this new context menu to have more options so that I don't need to make that extra click. That's what Microsoft also wants app developers to do.

On my Windows 11, I have the new context menu disabled and the old menu set. This is more convenient for me.
Some features in Windows 11 are unnecessary in my opinion. Form over substance

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
My friend moved from KIS to Bitdefender and he tells me:
I clearly prefer its KIS's UI and customization options, BitDefender is clearly aimed at less tech-savvy people, and doesn’t offer much in terms of options. But it was the next best offer to KIS (apart from ESET but ESET was way more expensive for multiple machine licensing).

Any idea?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.