Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
My friend moved from KIS to Bitdefender and he tells me:
I clearly prefer its KIS's UI and customization options, BitDefender is clearly aimed at less tech-savvy people, and doesn’t offer much in terms of options. But it was the next best offer to KIS (apart from ESET but ESET was way more expensive for multiple machine licensing).

Any idea?

Kaspersky has long been considered "the geek's protection" (just like Comodo).
It is also the fastest to add malware to its database.

Nevertheless, I prefer Bitdefender's security which is for me homogeneous... It reminds me a bit of the protection offered by GDATA and Norton, without having to search everywhere :)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
My friend moved from KIS to Bitdefender and he tells me:
I clearly prefer its KIS's UI and customization options, BitDefender is clearly aimed at less tech-savvy people, and doesn’t offer much in terms of options. But it was the next best offer to KIS (apart from ESET but ESET was way more expensive for multiple machine licensing).

Any idea?
Bitdefender follows an automation philosophy that is really good to deal with children or people with no technological affinity. Anyway, all major brands offer such a similar level of protection that it is really a question of what you like, what runs best in your system and what is cheapest, not necessarily in this order :)

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

I wanted to write a little testimony.
Indeed, Bitdefender has always been an av that I like, but I was having problems with slowness.

After the update and the tests of @L0ckJaw I thought I would also try it (I have a TS version) ...

Very surprised that my WireGuard problem has been fixed! (460Mbps on my 500Mbps) .

I don't have any problem with the services and no slowdown, I have the same consumption with Gdata which is on my 2nd PC (200 to 350Mb)

I hope that the Bitdefender team listens to us...

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Today, for me in Germany, latest product update has been delivered for BD Free Antivirus:

BDF.png

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
No, it's the same as it is with many other products like Kaspersky, ESET, Norton, etc. It's released in a phased manner.

Dont bother explaining, he is a certified "Bugdefender" poster; I lost the count of how many times I have seen him trolling and inappropriately making jokes about Bitdefender.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
BD is looking good. Nice updates and appreciate them sharing a changelog. Happy to hear that @L0ckJaw and @Shadowra are enjoying it. I am going to keep my eye on this one.

Yeah, It is pretty good nowadays and it is a nice option for those who like an install and forget solution.

I have complained in the past about Bitdefender quirks, mainly about Auto Pilot notifications, but it seems to be finally fixed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.