beetal2015 PC Desktop Config

B

beetal2015

Thread author
I am just a beginner in PC Configration :)

I hope have decent security config.

Reactions: Logethica
L

LabZero

Thread author
Even in the case of MBAM premium with real time protection active, it may not be considered as the main antivirus.
If you have WD enabled, then MBAM premium can be complementary.
What third-party firewall do you use?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MBAM is fine but you can have SecureAplus for companion based product which will complement very well on WD.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
MBAM is just a second opinion scanner and should not be used as your only security solution. I also don't recommend using opera as the security on it is terrible, unless you have smartscreen and uac enabled. Also what 3rd party firewall are you using? Heres what I would do if I were you. Make sure windows defender is enabled, and if you don't have a 3rd party firewall I would make sure windows firewall is enabled. I would then make sure UAC and smartscreen is enabled. Then I would use ublock origin instead of adblock, if its available for opera. You would then have a decent security setup, don't forget to do regular updates on malwarebytes and windows defender to keep yourself safe from the latest threats. One thing you are kind of vulnerable to is 0 day threats, but as long as you don't continue something when smartscreen says not to, you should be fine. You can add malwarebytes anti exploit if you haven't already. Hope I helped!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.