Battle Best Anti-Executable in your opinion? - AppGuard, NVT ERP or VoodooShield ?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Which is the best anti-executable in terms of overall user experience:

interface
ease-of-use
features
compatibility
bugs
robust protection

Blue Ridge AppGuard (AG)
NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (NVT ERP)
VooDooShield (VS)

My vote goes to NVT ERP.

AG - best (additional) protections
VS - features\innovation
NVT ERP - in day-to-day use, it has proven to be the most user/system friendly - especially on busy, changing system

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Does it uploads hash or executable?

I remember Secure Plus too has VT like feature & initial days it use to upload executable & so heavy on bandwidth for limited data plan users. Dont know how is it with Secure Plus now?

Reactions: Logethica and SHvFl
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Best Protection:

1. AppGuard
2. NVT ERP
3. VooDooShield

Ease-of-Use

1. NVT ERP
2. VooDooShield
3. AppGuard

VooDooShield beta isn't ready yet.

NVT ERP is needed if you have hardware that uses rundll32.exe - so you can white-list command lines.

To be perfectly honest, once AppGuard is configured, you do not often have to mess with it.

Easiest to learn is NVT ERP.

NVT ERP is gold.

Combine AppGuard and NVT ERP - I would find it unlikely - despite exploits, drive-by-downloads, vulnerable process abuse - that a system would get infected - unless the user made the mistake.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
ERP is the best free Anti-exe. it is very granular.
Appguard is the best paid anti-exe. It got the homeland security award.
As mentioned did little test. I can handle NVT right from the go but AppGuard is little tough for me & will need reading help files or trial & error.

And I am thinking of family shared laptop & find VS better & easy compared to the 2 above. Its popup & description & recommendation are easy to understand & take action too.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Best Protection:

1. AppGuard
2. NVT ERP
3. VooDooShield

Ease-of-Use

1. NVT ERP
2. VooDooShield
3. AppGuard

VooDooShield beta isn't ready yet.

NVT ERP is needed if you have hardware that uses rundll32.exe - so you can white-list command lines.

To be perfectly honest, once AppGuard is configured, you do not often have to mess with it.

Easiest to learn is NVT ERP.

NVT ERP is gold.

Combine AppGuard and NVT ERP - I would find it unlikely - despite exploits, drive-by-downloads, vulnerable process abuse - that a system would get infected - unless the user made the mistake.
May be VS not strong as the other 2 but atleast Windows Defender + Windows FW + VS on Win 10 64 laptop will be lot better protection compared to traditional security software/suite, right?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
May be VS not strong as the other 2 but atleast Windows Defender + Windows FW + VS on Win 10 64 laptop will be lot better protection compared to traditional security software/suite, right?

Yes, but it is not as good as protection than NVT ERP.

Can only protect the 7 built-in vulnerable processes.

NVT ERP you can protect all vulnerable processes = user defined.

Whichever you choose is going to be a good choice.

I just think VooDooShield isn't ready yet; the beta is only partially done and has bugs.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yes, but it is not as good as protection than NVT ERP.

Can only protect the 7 built-in vulnerable processes.

NVT ERP you can protect all vulnerable processes = user defined.

Whichever you choose is going to be a good choice.

I just think VooDooShield isn't ready yet; the beta is only partially done and has bugs.
7 Processes it protects by default?

What about VS stable 2? How is it?

By default how many vulnerable process does NVT protects?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
VS doesn't have customizable vulnerable process list; only NVT ERP.

I tell you from my own experience, NVT ERP is gold.

A few hours of practicing with it and you have it figured out...
I have mentioned in my previous post for me I can handle NVT right from the go i.e from install I find it easy enough to use & no need help files. But not suitable for family shared laptop of average users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.