Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
My top 4 (3) picks
- Happy user of Bitwarden in many years, but I'm trying out Proton Pass
- Ublock Origin < uBlock Origin Lite
- Ghostery < uBlock Origin Lite
- Malwarebytes Browser Guard < TrafficLight (Bitdefender)
I always have mixed results but trafficlight isn't bad at all although it holds pages and only uses a blacklist it does seem to have pretty good intelligenceMalwarebytes can be a bit heavy on resources. The last year I find Trafficlight lacking behind some other free extensions.
Not sure what behavior analysis it does but when I tried it it missed a lot of pages in This Feed: aa419 - Fake Sites Database
- I'm thinking about trying Proton Pass too.
- About Ghostery he mentioned that it is for mobile devices not for desktops so you can ignore it.
- TrafficLight (Bitdefender) is good and lighter but what makes Malwarebytes Browser Guard better that it has behavior analysis while TrafficLight use blacklists.
https://db.aa419.org/fakebankslist.php
My current top 5 is:I always have mixed results but trafficlight isn't bad at all although it holds pages and only uses a blacklist it does seem to have pretty good intelligence
Anyway would love to hear what extensions you have found to be better then trafficlight
Actually tried all of the aboveMy current top 5 is:
(The sites I used are detected by a Palo Alto product).
- McAfee Webadvisor
- Norton Safe web
- Malwarebytes
- Avira
- G data
Norton extension is so underrated, it does some false positive but it's pretty good in detecting things that both malwarebytes and TrafficLight(I use them all) didn'tMy current top 5 is:
(The sites I used are detected by a Palo Alto product).
- McAfee Webadvisor
- Norton Safe web
- Malwarebytes
- Avira
- G data
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes