Advice Request Best choice for default audio player?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachman

Level 1
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
foobar2000, AIMP3, or XMPlay.. I have tried all of them and they're deserved for it. They support WASAPI really well..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There are many good ones, but if 99.99% of your audio files are .MP3 then why not use Windows Media Player?

Reactions: Littlebits

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema --- very light

Reactions: MikeV

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
There are many good ones, but if 99.99% of your audio files are .MP3 then why not use Windows Media Player?
mmm you're right, why to find something hassle. just playing WMP already exist since windows installed.

Y

yigido

Sometimes ago.. I downloaded a 4K video from Youtube and I want to run it with WMP.. It cannot play it with the sound!
Then, I will go to GOM and it cannot play the video fluently!..
After that I will go to VLC.. It run the video very good and had no problem with it since this day :) Very powerfull!
and Foobar2000 my favorite music player, light and it is eargasm :D

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Jaffa_Whacka

Level 2
Verified
May 24, 2014
Foobar2000 is my choice i used it in the past for over 3 years its good if you have a big music collection and the time to customize it and add plugins. I also used TagScanner to add album art and edit tags. AIMP2 and Cool Player are pretty decent to.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I've tried all and AIMP 3 is the only one i like, but is there any more like it?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Just about any media player will play basic audio formats but some will offer better sound quality.
Out of all of the ones mentioned in this thread none match the sound quality of good old Winamp.
Winamp has more plug-ins than any other audio player to adjust the sound quality the way that it sounds best and add other features.
Jammix Enhancer plug-in is what I use along with Lyrics plugin.

The only other audio player that even comes close to Winamp is MusicBee.
The equalizer presets on most other media players just sucks except for Windows Media Player which has some good presets.

If you are a basic user who really doesn't pay much attention to musical arrangements, then Windows Media Player will be the best for you.

If you are a user like myself that wants to hear all of the instruments in music clear without having blur, distortion, muffled, poor sound, etc. Then you can not beat Winamp.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.