Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think Opera switched to the Blink (WebKit) engine due to better site compatibilities, than compared to Presto engine.

Reactions: Oxygen

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For privacy, what do you about GoogleClean 5 ? With the above Chromium clones, for example, Opera Next?

http://www.abelssoft.net/apps/googleclean/

Or it just a waste of time? And which one are using? ;)

It is just a waste of time since there are many free extensions that will do the same thing like Adblock, Do Not Track Me and Ghostery.
SpywareBlaster will also secure privacy on Chrome and is totally free.

I've never tried 'SuperBird' seems interesting... is it any good?

There is not much known about Superbird except for it is always kept updated. Some users believe it is developed by the same developer as SRWare Iron since it appears to be identical, even the comparison page. I don't see any difference between the two. It is possible that it is developed by the same developer.

Enjoy!! :D

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Does superbird have some sort of ad-ware attached to it? It's not digital signed and both Comodo and WSA want to block it's install. I'm sure it's just a FP but wanted to check with anyone that's used it. Even the website is blocked by WSA webfilter.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Does superbird have some sort of ad-ware attached to it? It's not digital signed and both Comodo and WSA want to block it's install. I'm sure it's just a FP but wanted to check with anyone that's used it. Even the website is blocked by WSA webfilter.

Download from Softpedia- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Superbird.shtml

"Softpedia guarantees that Superbird 33.0.1750.12 is 100% FREE, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors."

Download portable from Softpedia- http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Superbird-Portable.shtml

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
why use a copy when you can use the original ?
coz chrome east too much memory specially it takes my cpu usage mostly then others browsers i used. sometimes it takes 50%+ cpu usage even i open 2-3 tabs. Opera next is running fine , get updates & runs smoothly. Can use chrome addons & also bored of using chrome & firefox from years, so trying something new :)

Icy

Level 2
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
Google! Privacy Concern? Also,what do you think about download size?
And the size of Google after it has been,install
.:(

May, I suggest this link below! Also,read the help pages tab at the top
right hand side,before you install the link below.

https://www.whitehatsec.com/aviator/

Most computers have at least 100GB of space, 300-500Mbs won't really affect anything. If you're looking for a light browser, have a look at mozilla firefox..I tried many chrome alternatives but they weren't as good.
If you don't trust a certain company you simply ditch all of their products and not look for an alternative that IS based on it.

Overlord

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 22, 2013
From years of successful use Opera. What is true of version 12.16 over a certain age, but new releases are getting better, but require a change of behavior. I've never had any major problems with this browser.:cool:

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Yandex - has the built-in Flash player, PDF reader, AdGuard, WOT, Opera Turbo, LastPass, FlashBlock, Evernote, TurnOffTheLights, Lightshot - all built-in, you choose if you wish to run them or not. If you live in the States, who would be more interested in spying on you - the NSA or the FBS?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Koroke San, thank you very for the link and information. ;) I will stay away from the above link.
Again, thank you!
FreddyFreeloader,Yandex is one the browser that I have on my PC's So, far it is still in Beta!
And I am sure R's have remove the spyware/headaches and problems. And yes, I am concern
on who is spying on me. Any suggests?:( on software ect?

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
That is why,I do not have Google install on my PC's. I do not TRUST GOOGLE in anyway, shape and/or form.

At least try the Browser below and give some feed back on it in your opinion? You may just like it. With
Mozilla Firefox.

https://www.whitehatsec.com/aviator/

If you don't trust Google then don't use any Chromium-based browser because Google provides updates to all of them.
None of them would even exists without Google. I would like to see the day when one of these Chromium clones would start updating and developing their own core instead of depending on Google to do all the work.

Installing a Chromium clone is the same thing as installing Google Chrome since you still have to trust Google to keep the core updated, patch vulnerabilities, add new features, etc.

Whitehat Aviator- is using about 5 months old Chromium core which is open to several vulnerabilities including privacy related, exploit hacks and several other security related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.