Battle Best Chrome alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Littlebits,

Thank you! :)For the information and details!;) And how do you about Maxthon Brower?:rolleyes:
And Yandex?

Maxthon is not a Chromium clone, they actually develop their own core which is based on Apple Webkit (Safari/537.36 for Windows) and develop their own extensions. They also patch their own vulnerabilities on don't rely on Google.

Yandex just had an update recently before it was running about 6 months behind on latest Chromium core.
Now Yandex is using Chromium 33.0.1750.154 which was released March 14, 2014. The latest Chromium is 34.0.1847.116 released April 8, 2014, so it looks like it is now running one version behind. The main problem is will it wait another 6 months to release another update?

The latest Chromium patched 31 security fixes.
http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Stable updates

Enjoy!! :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I chose Comodo Dragon because it's safer than Chrome.
Really you got fooled because Comodo Dragon is still using out-dated Chromium core open to several vulnerabilities.
The development is too slow to patch vulnerabilities, Comodo Dragon relies on Google to patch the vulnerabilities Comodo does not develop the core, they only add features by the extension platform like all other Chromium clones, so it is not safer than Google Chrome.

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 21043

I tested the Torch browser awhile back for a week or two, and I was extremely disappointed.
At first, it was okay. After trying out the built-in extensions in Torch and browsing for about a few hours, it slowed down quickly.
It was crashing, restarting itself and so on. It was so unbearable I had to stop using it and switch back to Chrome, quickly.

But, that was awhile back. It could have improved since then.

I

illumination

For all of you that keep saying what about Firefox "trying to avoid Google Products" take a scroll down through "about:config", you may be surprised just how many entries of "google" you may find in your non-google browser ;)

Personally i use Chrome, for all the reasons listed in this thread.

Reactions: Venustus

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
The best Chrome alternative is - don't never use that kind spyware.
Personally I like the most of them all Sleipnir 5.2

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Littlebits said,

Yandex just had an update recently before it was running about 6 months behind on latest Chromium core.
Now Yandex is using Chromium 33.0.1750.154 which was released March 14, 2014. The latest Chromium is 34.0.1847.116 released April 8, 2014, so it looks like it is now running one version behind. The main problem is will it wait another 6 months to release another update?

Moose said,
I also, like Opera Next! But it is a clone of Google. So, it has Google Spyware! Correct me if I am wrong,please!

And,to stay away from Google base spyware and all clones. Unless the Yandex Browser has completely remove Google Spyware out of their Yandex Browser?
Maxthon Browser seem to be the winner! In my opinion only.

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Moose said,
I also, like Opera Next! But it is a clone of Google. So, it has Google Spyware! Correct me if I am wrong,please!

Opera is one of the oldest browsers on the planet, they are also one of the pioneer browsers keep in mind most features used in IE, Chrome, and FF come directly from innovations made by Opera.
Yes Opera next is based on Chromium Core BUT has NOTHING to do with Google.
And when it comes to Privacy then i take Opera over ANY browser out there.
besides that its a really good browser and most older computer users rate it as prpbably the best and fastest browser out there (Disregarding staged benchmark tests) But you do need to know how to use it and config it. Granted they do not have the budget like google or IE or FF for that matter, however they are still holding their own...

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Littlebits said,

Moose said,

And,to stay away from Google base spyware and all clones. Unless the Yandex Browser has completely remove Google Spyware out of their Yandex Browser?
Maxthon Browser seem to be the winner! In my opinion only.

I'm using opera
uoRygnU.png

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi n.nvt,

Hope that you feeling better? I really like Opera Next! Glad you hear your post today!
I was afraid that some spyware and tracking cookies within it. Thanks for the information
and insight you provided on Opera! I am going to install Opera Next right now!

What is your opinion on Maxthon Browser?

http://www.opera.com/computer/next

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.