Advice Request Best email app for multiple accounts

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
But aren't you using them as IMAP? Is any of them @outlook too?
Yes all are IMAP and one of them is outlook. I'm using Thunderbird but Outlook would do the job for me as well but I can backup everything of Thunderbird but looks like it's not possible in Outlook app.

Reactions: harlan4096

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Yes all are IMAP and one of them is outlook. I'm using Thunderbird but Outlook would do the job for me as well but I can backup everything of Thunderbird but looks like it's not possible in Outlook app.
So, Outlook is Microsoft Exchange, it's like IMAP but it also syncs contacts and calendar. They don't need backup, like I said, it's all in the server as well.
Thunderbird doesn't sync contacts or calendar, it's useless and outdated... who backups emails locally in 2020?

Last edited:

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
@Gandalf_The_Grey

Be eM Client never do this:

In early 2010s, Microsoft was scanning emails not for the sake of advertisements, but to "fight spam."
Also in 2017:
For Stefan Weitz, Microsoft’s (MSFT) senior director of online services, this is all a matter of “semantics.” The intent of Google’s (GOOG) “going through” email is what makes that “going through” a bad thing, compared to Microsoft’s “going through,” which is entirely benign, he said in an interview Tuesday.
source: Much like Google, Microsoft also scans your email

Those above applied for all emails providers like: Gmail, Yahoo.

As a bonus take a look on this topic and article:

It's normal to take some statistics about app, but eM client never want your email password like Microsoft.

From eM Client privacy policy:

Information You Never Give Us. eM Client is a desktop application and allows users to set up accounts to online services such as G Suite, iCloud, Office365 and other services. For its operation, it needs to cache some of this data on the local computer. However, the Company never retrieves and has no access to this data. This includes account data, passwords, e-mails, calendars, tasks, notes, contacts and chat messages. The Company will never access this data for any purposes. All the information we receive from you is listed in the previous paragraph.

You want a real privacy email, then you can use the hidden service of sigaint (http://sigaintevyh2rzvw.onion/). But if you want to pay you can use those:

1. Home - mailbox.org
  2. Email green, secure, simple and ad-free - posteo.de -
  3. Secure and Private Email Hosting Services by Runbox
  4. Neomailbox Secure Email - Encrypted Email Service, Anonymous Surfing, Offshore Email Accounts
  5. CounterMail - protecting your privacy - encrypted pgp email webmail
  6. StartMail - Private & encrypted email made easy
  7. Kolab Now
  8. CryptoHeaven: Zero-knowledge Secure Email, Encrypted Email and Cloud Storage
Funny thing it's I'm writing this from a Windows 10 machine , but I care about my email privacy :LOL::LOL:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
So, Outlook is Microsoft Exchange, it's like IMAP but it also syncs contacts and calendar. They don't need backup, like I said, it's all in the server as well.
Thunderbird doesn't sync contacts or calendar, it's useless and outdated... who backups emails locally in 2020?
You didn't understand my point. I can carry my Thunderbird profile around and can use it even on another PC if I want without logging into my emails again. Can't do that in Outlook. I also don't need calendar syncing.

Reactions: harlan4096

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
You didn't understand my point. I can carry my Thunderbird profile around and can use it even on another PC if I want without logging into my emails again. Can't do that in Outlook. I also don't need calendar syncing.
What about contacts? How do you send emails without contacts? Only buy replying...
I don't see the point in that, just use the web outlook.com, it's easy to login and you have everything there. You can add other email accounts, like Gmail, as IMAP in outlook web, you will have everything in one lace. You can add up to 20 accounts, or if you prefer you can also forward everything from the other accounts to that one outlook account.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
just use outlook.com, it's easy to login and you have everything there. You can add another email accounts, like Gmail, as IMAP in outlook web, you will have everything in one lace.
Ok, didn't know about this. I'm gonna try it.

Reactions: DSD27

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I wish it didn't have this limitation.
Syncing from your connected account to your Outlook.com account is one-way only. Email sent from your connected account using Outlook.com will not appear in your connected account Sent Items.

If you delete, move, or read an email from a connected account in Outlook.com, you won't see those changes when you go to your connected account.

For example, email sent from your Gmail account using Outlook.com will not appear in your Gmail Sent Items, and Gmail messages deleted in Outlook.com will not be removed from your Gmail Inbox.

Reactions: DSD27

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I wish it didn't have this limitation.
Yep, me too. But you can use the gmail address when sending an email, does it matter if it's not saving on the gmail website? it will save on Outlook, which is what you're going to be using anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeriousHoax

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
i cant find yahoo mail in windows 11 store,not disponibile ?
No it does not appear to be updated.

You can always Add Yahoo Mail to your default Mail app.

Nov 1, 2022
Our travel agency utilizes several, but I think ProtonMail and Outlook are our most used ones. It's important to pick an app whose layout will not make you panic at first haha. Juggling hundreds of accounts for daily campaigns and sequences is no easy task. A simple mistake in the CC category can cost the whole company a lot, and the same goes for the B2B space as well. The importance of digital marketing bleeds into so many types of commerce these days that it's definitely a skill you can carry over to your next gig.

Reactions: Stopspying and Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.