Battle Best Free Anti-Ransomware to be used in tandem with avast and Comodo FW

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
So which one among them will you prefer? Please state the reason behind your choice and also if you have any other suggestion then feel free to add. This Anti-Ransomware tool will be a worst case scenario like where comodo bugs out and avast for some reason doesn't detect it.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Best antiramsonware be myself with the help of one antiexe like vodooshield, no virus thanks Osarmour + syshardener, with them i've the complete control unrepentant! I have tried severals anti-ramsonwares from cooking and I do not like them, unnecessary for me due to the consumption of resources, and they do not adapt to my needs, Irrelevant against zero day so to speak.

Reactions: AtlBo and Electr0n

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Avast is the best free anti-ransomware. (y)
You're joking, right? Comodo's sandbox once tweaked is much, MUCH better at protecting against ransomware than Avast lol. So is Kaspersky Anti ransomware tool. I'm not saying Avast is bad but it's far from the best free anti ransomware.Oh, and there's Voodooshield free and SAP. All of those products are free and all of them are better at protecting against ransomware than Avast. Avast free is a good AV and it's improving a lot, but it's nowhere near the best free anti ransomware.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Rising Sword Anti Ransomware--> China Av maker...Seems to use Machine Learning...Pretty light almost non -existent..Runs beside your av...
Rising products have huge potential but with Fp's....I have installed it..So far so good
For the Most of Zero days ...Rising are the very first vendors to have a Signature after Fortinet in VT...
Sincerely Yours.

Reactions: Electr0n and AtlBo

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Rising Sword Anti Ransomware--> China Av maker...Seems to use Machine Learning...Pretty light almost non -existent..Runs beside your av...
Rising products have huge potential but with Fp's....I have installed it..So far so good
For the Most of Zero days ...Rising are the very first vendors to have a Signature after Fortinet in VT...
Sincerely Yours.
be careful with new and unknown security suites, there has been an increase in fake softwares

Reactions: Electr0n

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What if you don't have MBR, but GPT?
same thing, ransomwares can still corrupt your HDD because every GPT drive has a small MBR partition for backward compatibility. The only thing I'm not sure is the possibility we can restore the data in those GPT partition. It's obvious that with MBR, the drive is dead

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Electr0n I think you shouldn't add anything to avast+CF because CF itself is the best tool against ransomwares. avast and CF are conflict kings
avast can also be tweaked for better ransomware protection, better than most antiransomware out there

appcheck is the best antiransomware overall in my opinion because I have tested it for long time. I use avast+appcheck. you have CF so appcheck is completely redundant
Ransomoff might be better in strength but its compatibility issue is problematic
kaspersky antiransomware is good against old ransomwares due to its cloud signatures but far worse than appcheck against brand new ransomwares

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If you have time, could you do the experiment to put it against other malwares? Just to see how it reacts.

Thank you!
I can't promise because I don't really have time to test products anymore
but I think it would be a bit unfair because ransomoff isn't designed to deal with other malwares
fortunately, other features can help it to deal with malwares (HIPS, applocker,...)

128BPM

Level 2
Verified
Feb 21, 2018
I can't promise because I don't really have time to test products anymore
but I think it would be a bit unfair because ransomoff isn't designed to deal with other malwares
fortunately, other features can help it to deal with malwares (HIPS, applocker,...)

OK, no problem. My interest is because Cruelsister said that the software had extended capabilities to detect more than in theory should be.

It would be interesting to see that it can be achieved. Maybe a private test, not necessarily a public video. If someday you can do, please let us know the result :D

Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.