Best Free Software's For New PC (Archive 2014-2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I think you also should add 'Ninite' (https://ninite.com/).

This is the best website IMO for getting the basic, essential software onto a new PC or Windows installation.

On their site, all you have to do is tick the checkbox for each of the software you want . You then press 'Get Installer' and a small EXE file is downloaded. Running the EXE file will download and install the latest version of the software that you chose automatically in the background one by one, with no user interference (including antivirus setup).

As it says on their website, it will also uncheck any promotional "junk" that happens during the installation process (such as toolbars, security scans, add-ons, etc) which is rather nice.

The EXE file can be run again afterwards to update the outdated software as well!

The programs inside Ninite's repository is very few. DDownloads is a better alternative, while also it notifies you the presence of adware if any. Thanks for reminding me.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Removed WPS Office Free. Ever since Kingsoft has become WPS Office, it has been pathetic. Taking off .docx saving, adding watermarks to printed documents, the free version has become restricted. :mad:

However Kingsoft Office 9.1.0.4550 has no such limitations, and is last truly freeware version that is good enough. Interestingly Softpedia has refused to update Kingsoft Office free to WPS Office Free as they consider the latter to be a trial version not a free one. :rolleyes:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@jackuars : My case was weird when I downloaded WPS Office Free and for some reason, an automatic Trial version enforced then when expired it goes on Free version.

Yes seems a bit minor issue on saving .docx but using .doc and opening with MS Office does not provide any incorrect formatting.

It save me from any complications where I've done numerous documents for projects and others then printed on a shop via MS Office without trouble.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@jackuars : My case was weird when I downloaded WPS Office Free and for some reason, an automatic Trial version enforced then when expired it goes on Free version.

Yes seems a bit minor issue on saving .docx but using .doc and opening with MS Office does not provide any incorrect formatting.

It save me from any complications where I've done numerous documents for projects and others then printed on a shop via MS Office without trouble.

Do you have both WPS and Microsoft Office? But still watermarking while printing is inexcusable.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Do you have both WPS and Microsoft Office? But still watermarking while printing is inexcusable.

To clarify, I have only WPS on my laptop then when I've made documents already there, then its time going on a printing shop where MS Office is installed.

My observation found out that its format where intact which is good even open on MS Office however I've never tested to print made full in WPS.

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
MCShield
Unchecky
CryptoPrevent (free)
Sysinternals Suite
System Explorer
Sumatra PDF
Q-Dir
CPU-Z
HWINFO32/64
Speccy
Filezilla
For IRC - Miranda IM or Nettalk
Paint.NET
Flux - adjust monitor brightness with daytime
MagicDisc - ISO files mounter
WhoCrashed for BSOD info gathering
7-Zip
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder

If there is portable version I prefer using that version of program or tool.

Amiral7224

Level 1
Mar 3, 2015
I would recommend using Google Drive and Google Docs as an Office Suite, it is practically like word except it syncs with the cloud and is somewhat simpler.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Openoffice,Zemana anti keylogger free ,crystal security,Cyberghost VPN

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
antimalware - Xvirus? :D

It's good, there are many good alternatives to ones that's been mentioned, but I had to limit to 1 software per category :( which works best in terms of performance, features and stability. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any reason for this? As keylogger softwares are used for security practices

I suggest anyone to use Parental Control & Web Filtering software. Keyloggers capture sensitive data, which is an invasion of anothers' privacy. In the wrong hands, this data can be used for criminal or malicious purposes.

Consideration for other PC users:
Your thread title: "Best Free Software's For New PC"
Being a FREEWARE junkie, these are the various software's on my PC. The list might be useful when you're re-installing your O.S, or when you want a particular software.
Along comes a visitor and installs the software on your lists (as recommended by yourself, @jackuars) and their AV is flagging this software. What makes you think it's a good idea to install a Keylogger for any purpose? How is a Keylogger used for a new computer user, on their New PC?

Forum Rules
3.Illegal activities
Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity is not OK here.​
Read more: http://malwaretips.com/pages/rules/

Reactions: Kent and Purshu_Pro
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.