Advice Request Best Free Softwares for Windows

Other software
490 Replies 153,632 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.

New Password Managers.
 
Aliasvault is looking promising, and the author is very responsive.
 

 
 
1785425095401.png

Also blocked by Kaspersky
 
Libre Office is a good suite of office.
I don't like LibreOffice. I really don't. First, it has terrible UI. I get that some people prefer to old-school look, I'm not one of them. Second, in a year 2026, it still isn't properly optimized for work on high DPI screens (looks terrible on my 2560x1600 screen). And third, the most important one, 16 years after its founding, they still can't get compatibility with Office formats right.

I don't have a lot of documents on my PC, maybe few and then I open and edit one. Every single one I opened with LibreOffice wasn't opened correctly. And I'm not even talking about advanced documents, but basic tables, with basic fonts already installed in the system. LibreOffice couldn't open a single one correctly. Each document with a table had it blown out of proportions with some weird font.

What happened? I promptly uninstalled LibreOffice and installed ONLYOFFICE. I was shocked to see the same documents opened exactly how they were created in Office, using same fonts—everything. I love it.

The only thing I don't love about it are ties to Russia, but the entire project is open source so I'm giving it a pass. At least until Euro-Office becomes available for download—then I'm switching to it.
 
I don't like LibreOffice. I really don't. First, it has terrible UI. I get that some people prefer to old-school look, I'm not one of them. Second, in a year 2026, it still isn't properly optimized for work on high DPI screens (looks terrible on my 2560x1600 screen). And third, the most important one, 16 years after its founding, they still can't get compatibility with Office formats right.

I don't have a lot of documents on my PC, maybe few and then I open and edit one. Every single one I opened with LibreOffice wasn't opened correctly. And I'm not even talking about advanced documents, but basic tables, with basic fonts already installed in the system. LibreOffice couldn't open a single one correctly. Each document with a table had it blown out of proportions with some weird font.

What happened? I promptly uninstalled LibreOffice and installed ONLYOFFICE. I was shocked to see the same documents opened exactly how they were created in Office, using same fonts—everything. I love it.

The only thing I don't love about it are ties to Russia, but the entire project is open source so I'm giving it a pass. At least until Euro-Office becomes available for download—then I'm switching to it.
Interesting, I might give OnlyOffice a go :D
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top