Advice Request Best Modern Web Browser for 2017

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

l1nuxfre4k

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2014
What you guys think?
Which one is the best at the moment?

I'm been using Chrome for many many years but i donno maybe something better out there for me :)
I got like an average of 40-50 tabs open daily, often upwards 60-70,
my laptop hates me :D

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Dunno best, but for me a long time Cyberfox x64 fanboy i am. Mostly firefox user in the past. But to changes what are going up now and every browser goes "chrome like" browser [yes i know i have say that many times] so i have using Yandex browser for a few weeks and i have to get it out what i need and it is for me good choise. (+ also as a support guy i must mention Brave browser :p !!)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Dunno best, but for me a long time Cyberfox x64 fanboy i am. Mostly firefox user in the past. But to changes what are going up now and every browser goes "chrome like" browser [yes i know i have say that many times] so i have using Yandex browser for a few weeks and i have to get it out what i need and it is for me good choise. (+ also as a support guy i must mention Brave browser :p !!)
Instead of using Chromium-based browsers why not use Chromium instead? You can always get the latest Chromium version. Chromium-based browsers are usually 1 or 2 versions behind

I'm now using Chromium v59.0.3050.0 (Developer Build) (64-bit)...latest as of today.

Last edited:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I have always used multiple browsers.
I like to " compartmentalize " my online activities and I believe it gives enhanced security and privacy .

Not sure which is the best browser but i am a fan of Cyberfox and Vivaldi. :)

Yes , I also like those two .

Instead of using Chromium-based browsers why not use Chromium instead? You can always get the latest Chromium version. Chromium-based browsers are using 1 or 2 versions behind

I'm now using Chromium v59.0.3050.0 (Developer Build) (64-bit)...latest as of today.

I take your point , but I like browsers that come with some hardening , right out of the box
eg. SRIron and Iridium .

Sure , you can achieve the same thing for yourself , if you can be bothered wading through all the options -
chrome://flags/

Is there an "about:config" (Firefox) In Google's Chrome?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have always used multiple browsers.
I like to " compartmentalize " my online activities and I believe it gives enhanced security and privacy .

Yes , I also like those two .

I take your point , but I like browsers that come with some hardening , right out of the box
eg. SRIron and Iridium .

Sure , you can achieve the same thing for yourself , if you can be bothered wading through all the options -
chrome://flags/

Is there an "about:config" (Firefox) In Google's Chrome?
But according to wiki SRIron looks like not totally open source

Talk:SRWare Iron - Wikipedia

Also, can't find much hardening features on its website unlike Iridium

Reactions: Solarlynx

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Perhaps it doesn't exist a browser that is way better than the other one. Now all the navigation programs are fast, reasonably secure and customizable via extensions, then the choice depends entirely on your tastes and your personal needs, from the devices you use and your online browsing habits.
Currently I'm using Firefox but in the past I used Opera, it is very interesting also.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.