Votes: 24 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD15

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2015
I dont think there is such a thing as the best browser. It depends on what you are looking for in a browser

That being said, i use Chrome because i am more concerned with security than anything else

Internet Explorer lacks addons that provides script control as needed

Firefox still lacks separate processes in stable version which means it also lacks a sandbox. I could use sandboxie with it but i have found it is hit and miss with streaming sites where there is some form of DRM. I also think Mozilla should have allocated more resources to electrolysis instead of giving us an UI remake and voice chat

As for forks and clones, i simply put more trust in the developers of the originals to give us security updates frequently

Chrome obviously has major privacy issues but that is a trade off i am willing to make in return for increased security. Now if only i could get Chrome with IE11's font rendering
Yes there's no such as The Best Web Browser as there always one or more down sides to any of them, yet we have to choose what we are happy with and what we are prepared to sacrifice in a browser.

Wendra

Level 1
Apr 1, 2015
I have a 64-bit system & I prefer Pale Moon or Cyberfox. I also like Baidu & Maxthon Cloud browser. Maxthon Nitro is used as my minimalist choice. Firefox & Google Chrome are OK. Internet Explorer is my least favourite but perhaps I'll like MS Edge. There are hundreds of browsers available to scope out & keep us busy. LOL

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yes it's fast but on my laptop it's heavy on system.
It uses more RAM than Cyberfox and it runs many processes

Chrome has better memory management, as it frees up memory faster than most browsers when tabs are closed.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I agree but the problem is when you have many tabs open then it uses more memory than Cyberfox
Agreed, memory usage is bad although memory management is better. I chose to go with memory management if I'm having a system with enough RAM. Else it'll be the opposite.

Also tab sandboxing is important to me (hence more processes). So I don't mind if it uses more memory :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Agreed, memory usage is bad although memory management is better. I chose to go with memory management if I'm having a system with enough RAM. Else it'll be the opposite.

Also tab sandboxing is important to me (hence more processes). So I don't mind if it uses more memory :)
I agree if you have at least 8 GB of RAM you don't care much about the processes but if you have 4 GB RAM DDR2 800MHZ like i do then you care about memory;)

Reactions: Overlord

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Rcentely, I made an extensive testing for every single browsers on the internet (28 Browsers) to figure out which is best for everyday's usage...

I tried (Mozilla Firefox, Cyberfox, Pale Moon, Comodo IceDragon, Google Chrome, Comodo Dragon, Maxthon, Maxthon Nitro, Opera, Safari,
Vivaldi, SRWare IRON, Torch Browser, Baidu Browser, Baidu Spark Security Browser, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Cent Browser, 360 Browser, K-Meleon, Tor Browser, Waterfox,
Epic Browser,
7 Star Browser, Yandex Browser, Avant Ultimate, Avant( IE engine) and
Slimjet x64
).
But I finally settled with Slimjet x64:) I will never ever leave it and has earned the honor of being my default browser :D

Why? because Slimjet x64 is fastest and the best one among all of them...(yes, even better than Google Chrome).
Slimjet x64 causes no problems at all and my work efficiency has definitely increased. I can keep tons of tabs open and it would never ever freeze or crash. Compatible to all Google Chrome extensions and in built awesome add-ons like Ad blocker, photo compression, pdf creator and plus it is very secure. When i started using Slimjet x64, I actually could spot the flaws in other browsers. Slimjet x64 is fastest, best and I can customize it according to my use.

Pros
- Lightening fast browser and in my tests, page rendering is alot faster than any other 27 Browsers.
- OMG! for the first time in my life, I can easily watched a number of Youtube videos without any single lagging
(even using bad internet connection).
- Fast (startup process as well as browsing).
- Does everything better than so called Big Browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Works well with Google Chrome extensions.
- Has a number of amazing built-in features like Download accelerator, easy Youtube video downloader.
- Works very very well with No crash, No freezing issue.
- No unnecessary options and can be easily customized.
- Integrated Ad Blocker.
- Secure and Private.

Cons
Nothing really. I have encountered 0 problems with Slimjet x64 yet.

Download It!
Slimjet Web Browser for Windows 64-bit Version

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Well, it really is extremely hard to give a definitive answer to the main question of this thread.

I can only say this: I have been a great fan of Mozilla Firefox ever since I had Internet. I have tried all Chromium-based browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Opera, Slimjet, etc), and didn't end up liking them for various reasons (one of them being the "trashy" way they all handle cache files). But in the end, even Firefox didn't live up to what I expected it to be.
After a while, I found Waterfox (a 64-bit variant of Firefox) and I really liked it - except for the fact that the developer failed to roll out updates every time a new version of the Firefox code base was released, due to errors with the compiler he used.
In the end, I abandoned all of these browsers, and finally decided on using Cyberfox (also based on Mozilla Firefox) which is currently my most favorite browser, and by far the best browser I have ever used.
It includes every feature that the base Mozilla Firefox browser offers, and much more: It is stable, secure, offers an x64 version specialized either for AMD chipset or Intel chipset processors, and it offers much more control of its base functions, as well as many more customization options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.