Bitdefender 2017 final is here

Will you try a Bitdefender 2017 product?

• Yes, I will install the 30 days trial

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Yes, I will buy a Bitdefender 2017 product

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No, I will not try Bitdefender 2017

Votes: 37 48.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Incredible..while testign the beta the ransom protection was activated (not the one on boot) and I suggested to keep it activated in the stable release...unfortunately they didn't listen:(:confused:..it's still a mistery/amazing why they do it...it doesn't make sense with all the ransom "around" nowadays.
If the protection is included in the ATC/BB they should delete the option for the ransom protection or activate it as default.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
it`s wrong
At this time there is no offline kit for Bitdefender 2016|2017 due to its need to be connected to Central.

IMPORTANT: there will be no offline kits for Bitdefender 2017

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.09.20_21h10m34s_001_.jpg

use only online installers

https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/72450-how-to-install-bitdefender-2017/

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Incredible..while testign the beta the ransom protection was activated (not the one on boot) and I suggested to keep it activated in the stable release...unfortunately they didn't listen:(:confused:..it's still a mistery/amazing why they do it...it doesn't make sense with all the ransom "around" nowadays.
If the protection is included in the ATC/BB they should delete the option for the ransom protection or activate it as default.
Exactly thought the same. Ransomware in all it's variations definitely are no PUA/PUP, so no logical reason for such a vital feature (probably HIPS/BB assisting) is optional. Even Qihoo 360 has an option like that, but in contrary activated by default (please correct me if that has changed).

Reactions: frogboy

MITKH

Level 3
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
it`s wrong
At this time there is no offline kit for Bitdefender 2016|2017 due to its need to be connected to Central.

Hello
The online Installer of version , download and install from your account ( 7-8 MB ) ( After downloading the installation not connected to the Internet ) Window that will appear and ask you to cancel your internet connection and close it.
after installe offfline version.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
as I remember bitdefender never (NEVER) listen to any voice...
I have BD for 1 year a day my BD logo go gray and BD stop working,weird is when I created ticket for them they call back me reinstall!
I reinstall but again the problem back,I created a ticket to them again,they called back me its YOUR PROBLEM do't tiresome us again with...
Ok I said them I am Ashamed for your company who can't fixed users problems,after one I install (Emsisoft,Kaspersky,Trust Port) these Avs also have bug same as BD but their customer service fixed my problem very fast,Kaspersky reply my ticket near than 1 hour!
Untitled.png

Emsisoft also.
For TrustPort I have problem with their AV a day their customer support come and fixed my problem by Remote (very Amazing)
as I result I said I never choose a buggy software+weird customer service :D

Last edited:

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I think the AV manufactures should add some more features as "Submit sample", it's faster than submitting through website or email. I have tried to suggest them( Microsoft, Symantec, Avira, Avast,...) about this several times. I hope it will become real soon. :)

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
I think the AV manufactures should add some more features as "Submit sample", it's faster than submitting through website or email. I have tried to suggest them( Microsoft, Symantec, Avira, Avast,...) about this several times. I hope it will become real soon. :)
I also asked Bitdefender to add an option in support to send samples, the online way is really not user friendly (and you have to install java).
Emsi had a way to add files to quarantine and then to submit from there but they decided to remove this in coming version 12:(

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The last time i tried Bitdefender it was like running a Big Block Chev with the handbrake on not sure if if is changed now and not sure i want to check if it is better now. :eek:
roflmao
I love the analogy Frog, I laughed so hard my wife came in here :p
I have had install issues in the past, but those seem to be addressed in the 2017 version. I still have a blistering boot speed
and I have yet to notice any system bog downs, Maybe give it a go brother and see.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
hey, you were my non-sig hero. what brought on the "relapse"
BitDefender "to me" is like that pair of worn slippers you just can't bring yourself to throw away.
I have a long history with BD and my curiosity over the 2017 version got the better of me :p
It may not stay but man is it nice, I would recommend taking it for a spin to anyone who has
enjoyed their past products, this one runs smooth and is lighter on my system than any previous
build. Thanks for asking shmu26 ;)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
BitDefender "to me" is like that pair or worn slippers you just can't bring yourself to throw away.
I have a long history with BD and my curiosity over the 2017 version got the better of me :p
It may not stay but man is it nice, I would recommend taking it for a spin to anyone who has
enjoyed their past products, this one runs smooth and is lighter on my system than any previous
build. Thanks for asking shmu26 ;)
will my bitdefender 2016 license work?

Moi61

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I activated my MBAM Premium yesterday running together with my Bitdefender IS 2017. I'm just really curious. So far, I did not experience any crash until now. Hoping that these two would be very compatible. I'm really amaze with how light and fast the Bitdefender 2017 version. Please disregard the start-up because of the bootscan. But, anyway, it is really very light.

Reactions: Der.Reisende
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.