Bitdefender 2019 version will be available for download on July 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitronix477

Level 1
Verified
Sep 25, 2017
If for some reason the installation is corrupted, I would suggest you use this uninstall tool:
http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Gonzales_uninstalltool.exe

Try to delete everything in the Temp folder as well, then try again. Simply open Command Prompt then type %temp% and hit OK. Then delete everything from there.

If the above uninstall tool does not work, try these ones according to your operating system type:

For 32 bit Windows:
https://support.bitdefender.com/file.php/71903091XPGNHHBBQBMPTCP0/bitdefender_uninstall_tool_32.exe

For 64 bit Windows:
https://support.bitdefender.com/file.php/71549455RPKSMQAWYNWZNDP0/bitdefender_uninstall_tool_64.exe

Try these uninstall tools and then try again.

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
As they said, RAM goes down with time, it's not an issue.
so far on my end I'm happy with this release, it's more responsive than any other previous release, and it seems quite light on my computer resources. I had KIS 2019 - which I really like and is quite light on my system - so one thing I noticed is that when opening folders , especially ones with lots of files and sub-folders such as the downloads folder, BD seem notably faster than KIS 2019 .

as for the UI, will frankly , I don't care, it's not a browser that I'll keep maximized , and , it's a matter of taste , some may like it, others won't .
The ability to rearrange , pin/unpin , quick actions from the dashboard is great, and overall I find it easy to navigate across the app .
also, Finally the UI is more responsive than previous versions. And the app is more efficient in resources when the update is active unlike in the past.
I hope this childish blind hate towards any product would stop, positive feedback benefits us all , if you find what you think is a bug , report it.

Anyway, I'm optimistic, it seems that the closed beta really was more beneficial for Bitdefender to polish their product.

Mitronix477

Level 1
Verified
Sep 25, 2017
In my opinion, if you choose an antivirus by the way it looks(GUI) that means that you compromise on security level. An antivirus isn't designed to have the best GUI of any other program ever, but to protect your machine and that should matter 99%, and the GUI 1%. Indeed it has to have a friendly GUI so that even the most computer literate can do a system scan, but most of the time an average user works on the "set it and forget it" principle.

Reactions: RaduGL

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Just a quick note about complaints about a product on the product's forum... They mean absolutely nothing. People will mostly only post in the product forum if they are having issues with it. People who are not having any issues will seldom post to say so. That's true not only regarding Bitdefender but any product.

Another common post is the person who used a product years ago and say it's trash without even trying the current version. I could say Kaspersky is trash as the 2012 version caused me a lot of trouble even forcing me to reformat the computer... yet I'm using it right now. I also have Bitdefender Total Security installed on my father-in-law's second generation I3 without any issues.

So if you want to know how a product behaves test it in our machine. Make a full backup before installing just in case it damages your Windows installation. . And mostly ignore all the complaints you see on the net. If the product behaves well in your machine and you like it then it's good for you.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Be careful! Although it's a stable version, take into account the fact that it's just getting released. Beta testers may have not discovered all the bugs a new version implies. Just in case, create a system image right now before you download it and install it. Also take into account that testing it on a VM may not give the proper analysis as installing it on your host system.
I would take what T-800 says very seriously, cause I value my life :p.

i installed bitdefender 2019 version 90 days trial. i hate this new version a lot. first it takes above 400 mb of ram. i can't disable autopilot mode. i can't find an option in the gui to make an update. i hate the main interface. in my opinion it is very confusing and crowded. i like the new notifications. this my experience with the new version.
Is the update process smooth now, cause earlier it used to take 5 mins (even after an hour later for last update)?

Reactions: RoboMan

elquenunca

Level 3
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
in my modest opinion bitdefender is the best security suites is always in the first positions of the av comparisons, in my case I use bitdefender total security 2019 (in another computer I have kis) maybe consumes more ram than kaspersky but that imports an expense more than ram if you translate it to security and what refers to the gui is really important or it is better to have more security. Another important point is the promotions that makes bitdefender of 3 months and the last one is 6 months free. I always think that it is necessary to value positive and wait a few days to behave, as I said before utlizo bitdefender in one computer and kis in another and if I had to choose one maybe I would stay with bitdefender

Reactions: RoboMan

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
in my modest opinion bitdefender is the best security suites is always in the first positions of the av comparisons, in my case I use bitdefender total security 2019 (in another computer I have kis) maybe consumes more ram than kaspersky but that imports an expense more than ram if you translate it to security and what refers to the gui is really important or it is better to have more security. Another important point is the promotions that makes bitdefender of 3 months and the last one is 6 months free. I always think that it is necessary to value positive and wait a few days to behave, as I said before utlizo bitdefender in one computer and kis in another and if I had to choose one maybe I would stay with bitdefender
I see some random spanish words colega :p

BitDefender is, indeed, a top notch product. Nevertheless I shall disagree in the argument that more RAM=more protection. Despite the more modules added, the more RAM consumed, this doesn't necessarily mean it's a better product or it protects you deeper that a light, better optimized one.
Still, this product always gave me nice experiences and they truly fight for security and privacy, so thumbs up for them.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
What is this in task manager startup ?
Adnotare.png

MoriartyOW

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 8, 2018
this version of bitdefender is lagging my pc ( i5 4440k/r9 290x/16gb ram) but the good news is their unistaller 2018 is also working on 2019 version ! git gud bitdefender ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amico81

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have to say this version is pretty light. The update bug still exists. Why can't BD update as fast as Emsisoft or any other AV using its signatures?
Anyone else having bug in vulnerability scan of BD AV plus 2019. My Windows is updated but after scan it says I need to install 9 updates including one with the size of 86GB:eek:. I mean cmon the full windows installation media is less than 4.5GB.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 577
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 502

Mitronix477

Level 1
Verified
Sep 25, 2017
I have to say this version is pretty light. The update bug still exists. Why can't BD update as fast as Emsisoft or any other AV using its signatures?
Anyone else having bug in vulnerability scan of BD AV plus 2019. My Windows is updated but after scan it says I need to install 9 updates including one with the size of 86GB:eek:. I mean cmon the full windows installation media is less than 4.5GB.
This bug is present since the 2016 version, and it has to do with how Windows delivers the updates and how Bitdefender understands them. The bug is extremely rare to encounter however and it does not affect the actual update process.

Reactions: brambedkar59

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
After some days with network issues with my Avast IS, i downloaded the new bitdefender antivirus pro 2019.

are there any chancelogs or official improvments out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.