Advice Request Bitdefender+Adguard & Voodoo-Shield?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hi everyone.
I was just wondering(can't find a good answer on Google)does these 3 software play nice together, or is there anything I should be aware off?:unsure:
I'd say that using VoodooShield together with Bitdefender is a slight overkill (depending on the Bitdefender version you are using)
You could consider using Bitdefender + Simple Windows Hardening + AdGuard Windows.

Simple Windows Hardening: Q&A - Simple Windows Hardening

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Thread author
Oct 14, 2021
Hi @pablozi, I will not let go of BTS, I think it is one of the best, if not the best AV-Suite out there.
But I have deleted Voodoo-Shield & installed SWH, how does that sound, is that OK?
I wish to obtain the best security solution possible, & BTS is good regarding Ransomeware.
Kind Regards simbatippe1234.:)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hi @SecureKongo I am using Bitdefender Total Security, so in your opinion I should uninstall Voodoo-Shield & instal SWH?
Bitdefender Total Security is their most advanced product. So yeah, I personally think that VoodooShield would be overkill in this setup.
I always had good experiences with Simple Windows Hardening as it doesn't have any background processess or services that could conflict with your antivirus. It simply works as a tool for reducing the attack surface for malware on your system, by restricting some often abused file types and doesn't even require an installtion. If you have questions about it you can always ask @Andy Ful the developer who does a great job at assisting people with questions about his tools in my opinion. (y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.