App Review Bitdefender Antivirus Free 2020 | By Computer Solutions(Youtube)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

ZeroStrawberries

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Hey. Here's that video, in case any of you were interested in watching it. I was surprised in how well it did, especially for a free version. I didn't see any crashes/BSODs like I have in other videos. I did however notice that it failed in detecting 10 phising sites on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, and that it failed to detect a few files that Malwarebytes picked up. Perhaps running BD Free, along with a few second-opinion scanners, wouldn't be too bad.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
It's looking pretty good but there are 2 things I hate about it:
1) it doesn't have a button for manual update of antivirus database. So on first install, you need to wait for it to update itself, whenever that happens...
It updates quickly on startup, and then about every couple of hrs. or so.
2) it doesn't have the option for a quick scan
but you may drag and drop any file or folder into GUI to scan. It also has context menu scan option.

I suppose one either loves or hates a fully automatic AV like BD.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.