Verified
Nov 2, 2015
It's correct?

screenshot_15.jpg

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
Why is mine still at 1.0.21 and not 1.0.37? the engine keeps updating but it still didn't update to 1.0.37, you think I should wait and that this is intentional or reinstall maybe? the changelog in the forum says it's still version 1.0.21.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Installed for the first time to give it a try, i see version 1.0.3.9 yesterday evening.
This morning its 1.0.3.7 ?:?
So far seems very nice and it feels light, also when webpage is blocked you see this option i know the risk, take me there anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I know what it is ,but just saying Bitdefender does not play well with other av's fw or malware programs.I had to uninstall spywareblaster and zam to install this freeware version ,but I uninstalled Bitdefender for taking to much memory .I put those 2 other programs back, remember Comodo FW acts like a av program also.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I know what it is ,but just saying Bitdefender does not play well with other av's fw or malware programs.I had to uninstall spywareblaster and zam to install this freeware version ,but I uninstalled Bitdefender for taking to much memory .I put those 2 other programs back, remember Comodo FW acts like a av program also.
Was it running heavy on your system or just using too much RAM? If you have plenty of RAM and you don't notice any system impact it's actually a good thing it uses a lot of RAM. But, I'm guessing from your reply that there was some system impact. I did try installing BD free Beta with comodo a few weeks ago and it just kept crashing to the point I had to boot into safe mode to uninstall it so I could boot to my normal desktop. I'll try it again today though and look for any conflicts then report back.

I think the question is obvious here; Not does it play well with other AV's because we all know the answer to that one, but does it play well with other security software such as third party firewalls, anti malware programs such as ZAM, MBAM. I know BD makes users uninstall MBAM but you can reinstall it, atleast the free version anyway straight after installing BD.

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
HI I did see spme system impact not only ram but cpu, for such a small program i found it way too heavy.We can reinstall these other programs we have to take out because of Bitdefender but it is such a pain especially if those programs have exclusions in settings something that has to be done all over again.
I did notice in the Bitdefender Internet security 2016 even if I installed those programs I had to take out ,Bitdefender after a bit of time would start to act out like not starting up properly ,The Icon missing at startup ,etc.When I got in touch with support they told me to uninstall those programs I had put back because I only needed 1 antivirus program on my machine,I don't consider Zam,Malwarebytes,or spywareblaster to be antivirus programs. Too bad Bitdefender works this way because they do have a good product, just bad results when installed.

Reactions: ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
HI I did see spme system impact not only ram but cpu, for such a small program i found it way too heavy.We can reinstall these other programs we have to take out because of Bitdefender but it is such a pain especially if those programs have exclusions in settings something that has to be done all over again.
I did notice in the Bitdefender Internet security 2016 even if I installed those programs I had to take out ,Bitdefender after a bit of time would start to act out like not starting up properly ,The Icon missing at startup ,etc.When I got in touch with support they told me to uninstall those programs I had put back because I only needed 1 antivirus program on my machine,I don't consider Zam,Malwarebytes,or spywareblaster to be antivirus programs. Too bad Bitdefender works this way because they do have a good product, just bad results when installed.
I purchased Bitdefender antivirus pro a few years ago and I had similar issues, the final nail in the coffin for me was the terrible support Bitdefender offer. I don't know if that has changed, from what you've just said I'm guessing not. But once you spend your money Bitdefender don't seem to care.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
BD free 2016 beta running very good here and on 3 other machines here at home.... it uses about 70 a 80 MB in total and every other program opens without any problem.
Also i use Zemana antimalware free (on demand) and all plays well together, no issues at all.

Reactions: Kuttz and yigido

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I had the same experience, even Mcafee offers better support. plus for me the final nail was when BIS 2015 started eating over 600mb of ram while idle. So i replaced it with Kaspersky
You did the right thing. I've found Kaspersky's support to be very good. I wanted to test BD free with Comodo FW because I thought it may be a good combination for a friend of mine. But I'd never pay for a Bitdefender product again. Companies need to understand that good customer support goes a very long way.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Give it time Pat ... it is like Mike Myers in Halloween ,he keeps coming back and is always trouble ,he is just a little slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.