Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
BD free 2016 beta running very good here and on 3 other machines here at home.... it uses about 70 a 80 MB in total and every other program opens without any problem.
Also i use Zemana antimalware free (on demand) and all plays well together, no issues at all.
BD free seems very hit and miss as regards peoples experiences with it, which mirrors their paid products to to be honest.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Companies need to understand that good customer support goes a very long way.
Norton won me over as well, by literally sending me a fb messages two days apart asking me if i was still having any issues with the Mac version. along with asking me on my original post. Kaspersky not as elaborate, but at least they had manners and good language, rather then bitdefenders condescending attitude

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Norton won me over as well, by literally sending me a fb messages two days apart asking me if i was still having any issues with the Mac version. along with asking me on my original post. Kaspersky not as elaborate, but at least they had manners and good language, rather then bitdefenders condescending attitude
I've heard a few people say Norton gas good customer support. I never used to like their products but they've really improved haven't they. Bitdefender will be the architects of their own downfall with customer service like that, but then again as long as people see them doing well on the professional 'testing sites' I suppose they'll keep making money. Good customer service is important to me. I like to know that if I have to contact a company for services I've paid for that I'm going to get the response that payment affords me.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
I also like Avast free and BD free, but with avast you always have to do a custom install to have what you want,... i hate pop-ups
its a race between those 2 :)

Reactions: Kuttz

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
. i hate pop-ups
its a race between those 2
what about kaspersky free edition for russia and ukraine? the guide to getting it is on my post in the kaspersky thread, anyone can get it, you just need to use a vpn to activate it with a russian ip

Reactions: ZeroDay
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

It doesn't have Application Control and System Watcher. Only KSN, heuristics and engine definitions.

Reactions: ZeroDay
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Bitdefender free has everything from the paid editions, Active Threat Control, B-Have, Intrusion Detection and so on. But i would choose for a free AV either Panda or Avast. They'll get IDP from AVG around Jan/Feb.

Because of the support Avast offers and also Panda has good support at forums. And they'll have proactive components.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Today i was looking for Bitdefender Free Edfition but when i clicked the toolbox or other button nothing happens!! o_O
Is this happening to anybody too ?

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Today i was looking for Bitdefender Free Edfition but when i clicked the toolbox or other button nothing happens!! o_O
Is this happening to anybody too ?
If you're using Adblocker disable it for Bitdefender.com

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah i had to reboot 2 times, could be better o_O:confused: on another machine windows 10 hangs on startup... had to do hard reset/reboot. pfff

Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Yeah i had to reboot 2 times, could be better o_O:confused: on another machine windows 10 hangs on startup... had to do hard reset/reboot. pfff

No issues for me even though the update process was not smooth. The anti virus all of a sudden stopped working and can't re-enable. At first I worried about the possibility of the system being compromised by malware o_O Luckily after rebooting the system, BD is running just fine but on a newer build :)

Reactions: Pat MacKnife
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Hmm, Avast seems lighter here:
ScreenShot_20161113124107.png

I might try it again but it was a mess the last time i installed it along Comodo Firewall. Reported, sent them some logs they requested and they said that they would investigate and come back to me when they fix it, but i still miss their reply. :( Two or three months from then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.