Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.2.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Maybe i'll wait till Avast release their combined product with AVG acquired features. I guess the RAM will go up based on the AVG usage i had when i tried it 2-3 months ago. AVG also had issues with Comodo, let's hope they won't come in to Avast. Otherwise the only good free AV left is Panda.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

I'll try Bitdefender and see if it feels lighter. I regularly look at the comparisons of av testing companies, but i've tried Kaspersky, AVG, Avast, Panda in the last 3-4 months and the only noticeable improvement was when i switched off the Comodo HIPS. :D:D But i'll wait till around January.

BTW Avira regularly receives 100 percents from the testers, but when i try it against malware samples once some of them goes through the signatures it is like there is nothing to protect you. Panda and Bitdefender are really good after a sample has run in stopping it. So it is questionable to receive 100%. When Panda was included the last year in AV-Comparatives it always had 99.8 - 100.0 percents. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Evjl's Rain

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
HI

If you have this BD Free AV do you require to install its BD Antiransom Tool as well or the BD Free AV already comes with ransomware protection?

Thanks

Reactions: Ink

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Any source, link to confirm that ? ( personaly i don't think it has ransomware protection)
But i think its time stop this beta and release it as stable.....

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
Any source, link to confirm that ? ( personaly i don't think it has ransomware protection)
But i think its time stop this beta and release it as stable.....
Why wouldn't it? It's supposed to have the same protection as the paid products just with less configurations and extras, why would they exclude ransomware?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Why wouldn't it? It's supposed to have the same protection as the paid products just with less configurations and extras, why would they exclude ransomware?
it can detect ransomwares but it lacks the dedicated module to prevent specific folders from being encrypted in case ransomwares bypass the AV part
I saw it in action in one video review (TPSC or Britec?). The system was locked by ransomwares but the files in documents were not encrypted

in this free version, I can't find it

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
it can detect ransomwares but it lacks the dedicated module to prevent specific folders from being encrypted in case ransomwares bypass the AV part
I saw it in action in one video review (TPSC or Britec?). The system was locked by ransomwares but the files in documents were not encrypted

in this free version, I can't find it
Does the free anti-ransomware tool have the ability to prevent specific folders from being encrypted? Does it not just detect them?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Does the free anti-ransomware tool have the ability to prevent specific folders from being encrypted? Does it not just detect them?
I don't think so. It works similarly to malwarebytes antiransomware
it's the worst/weakest tool you can get now + the last update was in May 2016. I think they quit the project to focus on BD 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroDay

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have this BD Free AV do you require to install its BD Antiransom Tool as well or the BD Free AV already comes with ransomware protection?

I was curious about this too, I was successful to install both Free Antivirus and Anti-Ransomware.
upload_2016-12-10_23-18-26.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.