Bitdefender Beta 2017 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
With only one system, let everybody else be the guinea pigs...

Thanks. :eek:

Staying solar lynx.

Guinea pigs? serious? i feel offended :p , being honest it depends upon your settings (which programs you have installed, which drivers etc) because at this stage bitdefender would just crash your system if you have some inusual config. As for example bitdefender 2016 (beta) will just crash the system if you have virtual box (in my case) but it was expected since they implemented a new firewall module. If you are a normal user (that only have the basics) is ok for you to test it, however be advised that bitdefender may render your OS unbootable, for example a minor corruption in bdelam.sys will damage boot sequence as this driver check integrity at early boot steps

You won't see any bugs unless you test BD against malwares. That's where most of the bugs and quirks surface. The only exception might be the firewall\network bugs.

I agree, however you will find these bugs if you put bitdefender on heavy load (i may accept that in normal usage you will find some too) BUT in a normal basis and if you dont mess around with the program and you just install and forget, bitdefender will work just fine with no problems...

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Guinea pigs? serious? i feel offended :p , being honest it depends upon your settings (which programs you have installed, which drivers etc) because at this stage bitdefender would just crash your system if you have some inusual config. As for example bitdefender 2016 (beta) will just crash the system if you have virtual box (in my case) but it was expected since they implemented a new firewall module. If you are a normal user (that only have the basics) is ok for you to test it, however be advised that bitdefender may render your OS unbootable, for example a minor corruption in bdelam.sys will damage boot sequence as this driver check integrity at early boot steps

I agree, however you will find these bugs if you put bitdefender on heavy load (i may accept that in normal usage you will find some too) BUT in a normal basis and if you dont mess around with the program and you just install and forget, bitdefender will work just fine with no problems...

Betas are not to be tested on production (main\primary) systems. Betas are by very definition potentially unstable, have bugs and therefore capable of smashing a system.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Betas are not to be tested on production (main\primary) systems. Betas are by very definition potentially unstable, have bugs and therefore capable of smashing a system.

anyone knows what a beta is... but that wasnt my point, well however some beta products are worth trying for example eset or emsisoft beta products are stable enough to test it in a normal enviroment, but i do agree with you that is why I SAID IT MAY RENDER THE SYSTEM unusuable.

PDT: if you are going to use in a normal work enviroment:

"vos sabes al santo que le rezas"

it means that what you are doing you do it at your own risk

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Unless beta crashes MBR or anything of the boot sectors. Then only imaging like Paragon or Macrium or Windows in-built one can help.

Rollback RX protects MBR against modification - so it is remote possibility. Just finished testing RB Rx against Petya and Satana = MBR not modified. So pretty good MBR protection.

AX64 - I don't trust it.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Rollback RX protects MBR against modification - so it is remote possibility. Just finished testing RB Rx against Petya and Satana = MBR not modified. So pretty good MBR protection.

AX64 - I don't trust it.
Why you dont trust AX64?

I have AX64 V2 license but currently running RollbackRx Pro 10 on Win 10 64.
I have used AX64 too on Win 10 64 & it was fine with no probs.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Why you dont trust AX64?

I have AX64 V2 license but currently running RollbackRx Pro 10 on Win 10 64.
I have used AX64 too on Win 10 64 & it was fine with no probs.

I have read on multiple forums the many problems users have with AX64.

It suffers from reliability problems.

Anyhow... Macrium has come out with a competing technology that reportedly blows the socks off AX64. And Macrium is well-known for their focus on reliability.

So I personally won't risk messing with AX64.

At the same time, some users have no problems whatsoever with AX64.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have read on multiple forums the many problems users have with AX64.

It suffers from reliability problems.

Anyhow... Macrium has come out with a competing technology that reportedly blows the socks off AX64. And Macrium is well-known for their focus on reliability.

So I personally won't risk messing with AX64.

At the same time, some users have no problems whatsoever with AX64.
It worked good for me, even no probs with Windows Updates.

Running RollbackRx coz currently sometimes I do try few software & RollbackRx is quick with restoring to snapshot.

Mirabela

Level 1
Apr 7, 2014
Hello, everyone,

I happy to share this tip with you :)

Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July 28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt.

You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved security hub, Bitdefender Central.

We’ve prepared really cool prizes for the best of you and an awesome surprise!

Thanks!

Alex I - Bitdefender Team

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h33m15s_001_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h35m51s_002_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h36m27s_003_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h37m56s_004_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h44m44s_005_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h45m20s_006_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h46m26s_007_.jpg
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h47m00s_008_.jpg

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h49m01s_009_.jpg

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.07.28_23h50m36s_010_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.