Advice Request Bitdefender feedback

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Guys, i have always wanted to use BitDefender as my main security program (have been using KIS since for ever) but, whenever i tried to install it and use it on ANY computer (with high specs) i always had issues, all kind of issues like slowdown, crashes etc. Why you think is this happening

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

It’s very hard to answer this question without any additional information provided.

In general, security products can behave badly when there is software conflict or some other misconfiguration with software/hardware.
I suggest you contact Bitdefender support for more information.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Same here - every single time I wanted to try BD it caused issues (like system slowdowns etc).
If you are using KIS and it serves you well then stick to it - in terms of protection and overall user experience KIS is way better than Bugdefender.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

What does high-spec mean and how it slowed you down? The PC speed is formed off 3 components: CPU, Ram size and speed, and HDD/SSD speed.

What exactly the security products slowed down?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Incompatibility/conflicts with OS settings, left-over files from previous, existing security software.

It's generally recommended to 1. restart after installation/updates, 2. run for at least a few days to a week.

If problems persist even on a clean OS installation, don't use or buy the software.

Most security software vendors for consumers are over-rated. Hyped up with clever marketing.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
My experience with BD was as follows

You need to install it on a new system (before any other softwares). This will make BD settle down and adapt to your system. This will give you the least issues. I have personally experienced endless issues with BD but it has improved. Unfortunately, it is not as light as the advertise it.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
My experience with Bitdefender is.

1) Make sure you use the previous security suit uninstaller. Bitdefender hates leftover drivers.
2) Make sure you turn off boot scan. It's unnecessary.
3) Turn on scan only new and modified files
4) Turn off ads and recommendations
5) Do a full system scan

It will settle down on your computer in 3 or 4 days as it finishes adjusting to it. As I said in other thread, my father-in-law uses it on second gen i5 with 4gb of RAM with nearly 0 impact.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.