Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
BitDefender Free Edition 1.0.15.947 - Changelog

What's new in BitDefender Free Edition 1.0.15.947:
June 6th, 2013

· Product now works with Comodo Firewall
· Option to add exceptions to detected items now available
· Threat Control area created to display both quarantined items and exceptions applied by the user
· Option to bypass detected webpages at users own risk
· Ignored items section now displayed separately for password-protected archives
· Quicksweep flow enhanced for maximum protection
· New actions added to the security flow when suspect items are found during scan
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/BitDefender-Free-Edition.shtml

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
On my machine, this is one of the slowest page loading AVs I've used, main culprit is the web filter which does a good job, but is just like treacle pouring.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can the Web Filter be disabled? or what if you use TrafficLight instead? Would you say both are on par, or one has the advantage?

Z

ZeroDay

I read on wilders a while back that bdav free uses the exact same web filter as traffic light.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Earth said:
Can the Web Filter be disabled? or what if you use TrafficLight instead? Would you say both are on par, or one has the advantage?
I don't think so, Earth. It's UI doesn't have those sorts of controls. Maybe a registery hack, but that's trouble waiting to happen. It may just be my machines - Avast, MSE, UnThreat all run great on both mine. TrafficLight is a huge download and it was so slow when I tried it a year or so ago, I had to uninstall it. Is there a plugin for TrafficLight?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I don't find it slows down my browser at all so it could just be your system

G

Guest28

Strange, i try downloading the latest version but i keep getting the old one and BD won't auto program update.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I'm also still waiting for them to send out the update, i dislike how they dont have a update button but ive received the signature updates today just not the program update..

G

Guest28

Good to know i'm not the only one with this problem. BD should have already updated the installer to the latest version on their site. This is Laziness and shows users that they really don't care for the product.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Im also having a problem where it randomly quits, im not sure if its everytime it does a virus database update but ill randomly check and it closed itself.. kind of a bad thing when it comes to protecting my pc...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BitDefender Free should still be in beta, they released it before it was ready.
There are tons of reports all of the web from users having problems with it.

It might be best to wait for the product to reach v.2.0 before using it, maybe then it will be more stable.

Thanks.:D

G

Guest28

Yup, i am having the same issues this is absolutely horrible lol....

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
DrBeenGolfing said:
I don't think so, Earth. It's UI doesn't have those sorts of controls. Maybe a registery hack, but that's trouble waiting to happen. It may just be my machines - Avast, MSE, UnThreat all run great on both mine. TrafficLight is a huge download and it was so slow when I tried it a year or so ago, I had to uninstall it. Is there a plugin for TrafficLight?

Plugin for Trafficlight? Yes there are available for Safari, Chrome, Firefox and others.

The installer combines everything once the browser detected.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.