Battle Bitdefender Free or Avast Free

Which one will you pick for overall usage?

• Total voters
Compare list
Avast Free
Bitdefender Free
Platform(s)
  1. Any platform

Nunzio_77

Level 1
Dec 3, 2023
In inglese per favore
Finally Avast Free has added "limited notification" in the notification settings which shows alerts when a malicious attack is detected, but blocks any pop-up offers. :I approve
So, finally, commercial pop-ups with offers should not appear for those who do not want to view them.
I'm using version 23.12.6094 (build 23.12.8700.813) and UI (1.0.793)

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Comparison charts:

Bitdefender Free:

"Offers the most advanced security standards for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS devices" and below not available in the free version.

Avast One Essential:

Antivirus Comparison | Choose the Right Protection | Avast

"Stop webcam spies" and below not available in the free version.

Avast Free:

I think the difference is that for Avast One Free everything is installed (also, no dark mode?), while for Avast Free you have to choose to install features like the firewall, etc.

Reactions: Trident

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
I always thought BD Free didn't have the locked settings active🤔 @SeriousHoax:
IMG_2711.png
Well well well

Reactions: Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.