Advice Request Bitdefender Home Scanner, anyone use it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Shouldn't need to be notified unless your network security is weak, or passphrase is shared.

Thread below from 2017, screenshots included.

Do you use it?

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I tried it lastnight and it did pop up an alert when my tablet connected. Cute but perhaps gimmicky, on the other hand like you said peace of mind if you are paranoid about someone hacking in, because you will know it instantly!

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
A nice feature, that is already available within ESET's and Kaspersky's internet security programs. This Summer I tried Bitdefender Total security, but I don't recall finding this option. It's strange, that Bitdefender is offering this only as a free standalone tool. I find it quite useful for someone living in a building with more flats. You could at least verify, if by any chance someone of the neighbours is connecting to the wifi signal. Certainly a more useful tool than all those cleaning and PC optimization options found nowadays in all the security programs.

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I simply use this small, simple and effective software to check who's connected to my network:
That looks alot like this program I just found, did someone steal the software and tweak it a bit? SoftPerfect WiFi Guard : keep your Wi-Fi network secure
(Softperfect will run at startup and scan every so often and alert you of connected devices like the Bitdefender tool) BUT this one costs money!

Reactions: SeriousHoax

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.