Battle Bitdefender, Norton, Kaspersky, ZoneAlarm or McAfee ? How do I choose?

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Here we introduce you to the four most powerful companies in protection
and the differences between Features Version of Antivirus and Internet Security and premium security

1- BitDefender
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
(Antivirus Engine,Anti-Ransomware,Behavior Detection,Anti-Phishing,Rootkit Detection,Password Manager,
Wifi-Security,Vulnerability Scan,Sandbox Browsers,Game Mode, File Shredder,Spam Blocker)
Bitdefender Internet Security
(Antivirus Engine,Anti-Ransomware,Behavior Detection,Anti-Phishing,Rootkit Detection,Password Manager,
Wifi-Security,Vulnerability Scan,Sandbox Browsers,Game Mode, File Shredder,Spam Blocker) + Two Way Firewall + Parental Control + File Encryption
BitDefender Total Security
Wifi-Security,Vulnerability Scan,Sandbox Browsers,Game Mode, File Shredder,Spam Blocker) +( Two Way Firewall + Parental Control + File Encryption) +PC Tune Up + Multi Device Licenses+ Anti Theft

2-Norton
Norton Antivirus
(Antivirus Engine, Behavior Blocking,Spam Blocker , Startup Manager)
Norton Internet Security
(Antivirus Engine, Behavior Blocking,Spam Blocker , Startup Manager) + Two Way Firewall +PC Tune UP +
Parental Control + AntiPishing + Identity Protection
Norton Security Deluxe
(Antivirus Engine, Behavior Blocking,Spam Blocker , Startup Manager) +( Two Way Firewall +PC Tune UP +
Parental Control + AntiPishing + Identity Protection) + Web Portal Management + Multi-Device Licenses
Norton Security Premium
(Antivirus Engine, Behavior Blocking,Spam Blocker , Startup Manager) +( Two Way Firewall +PC Tune UP +
Parental Control + AntiPishing + Identity Protection) +( Web Portal Management + Multi-Device Licenses)
+Backup + Cloud Storage

3-Kaspersky
Kaspersky Antivirus
(Antivirus engine , Behavioral Blocking, Anti-phishing, Rootkit Protection, Anti-Exploit,SandBox Browser,VPN)
Kaspersky Internet Security
(Antivirus engine , Behavioral Blocking, Anti-phishing, Rootkit Protection, Anti-Exploit,Game Mode adblock) + Two Way Firewall ,Identity Preotection,Parental Control , Anti-Theft, Sandbox Browses,VPN
Kaspersky Total Security
(Antivirus engine , Behavioral Blocking, Anti-phishing, Rootkit Protection, Anti-Exploit,Game Mode adblock) + (Two Way Firewall ,Identity Preotection,Parental Control , Anti-Theft, Sandbox Browses,VPN) +Password Manager,File encryption,Cloud Backup , Kids monitoring,File Shredder, PC Clean UP

4-Zone Alarm
Zone Alarm Firewall Pro
(Firewall , Online Backup )
Zone Alarm Pro Antivirus
(Firewall , Online Backup ) + Antivirus kaspersky engine , identity protection
Zone alarm Extreme Security
(Firewall , Online Backup ) + (Antivirus kaspersky engine , identity protection) +PC Tune UP ,Parental Control , Anti-Theft

5-McAfee
McAfee AntiVirus Plus
(Antivirus Engine, Malware Detection, Two way Firewall, Identity Protection ,Wifi Security , Vulnerability scan,PC Tune UP ,Web Portal Management, File Shredder, Multi Device Licenses)
McAfee Internet Security
(Antivirus Engine, Malware Detection, Two way Firewall, Identity Protection ,Wifi Security , Vulnerability scan,PC Tune UP ,Web Portal Management, File Shredder, Multi Device Licenses) + Parental Control ,Anti-Spam,Password Manager
McAfee Total Protection
(Antivirus Engine, Malware Detection, Two way Firewall, Identity Protection ,Wifi Security , Vulnerability scan,PC Tune UP ,Web Portal Management, File Shredder, Multi Device Licenses) +(Parental Control ,Anti-Spam,Password Manager) + File Encryption
McAfee Live Safe
(Antivirus Engine, Malware Detection, Two way Firewall, Identity Protection ,Wifi Security , Vulnerability scan,PC Tune UP ,Web Portal Management, File Shredder, Multi Device Licenses) +(Parental Control ,Anti-Spam,Password Manager) + (File Encryption) +Cloud Back up

The top antivirus have features : Bitdefender antivirus plus + McAfee Antivirus Plus
Thanks
Source:fatsecurity

W

WolfensteinXeen

60/5000
'iinaa last mutahayiz libarnamaj makafi
lkna albarnamaj fi tahasun mustamirin
anzur
I am not biased towards McAfee
But the program is improving
Look
Av-comnparatives may 2017 performance
mcafee number 2 after eset

look vesion of 2018
new interface and more
But the popularity here for kaspersky and norton ,bitdefender and emsisoft
thanks

Look man i'm not against you and i'm sorry if i seemed rude. I'm just passionate about cybersecurity and wanted you to make an informed decision. Not only on MalwareTips or Wilders, but also in mainstream forums talking about antivirus as a subject (like Steam for example) I've noticed that people using McAfee are usually customers that had this AV preinstalled with their OS or are still basing their opinions on what was true in the 2000's.

Is McAfee a terrible antivirus ? No. And if you decided to buy it or just told me that you're a fan i would respect that. You're entitled to your own choice and can love a product even if it's considered inferior. I just felt obligate to tell you that it is currently among the last, doesn't have a good reputation and was the less good choice of the AV you mentioned.

As an example i love SUPERAntiSpyware (mostly to delete tracking cookies) but i'm aware that not only it doesn't have a great reputation but that it is what can be considered as a subpar product. Still i like it probably because i'm a fanboy of this product :rolleyes:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I think you are right. I have just chosen to use Emsisoft because of the BB. Its a very good addition to BD´s defense. Some has said that it flags legit programs too, but thats what its supposed to do if they have a certain behavior. Then you can always tell the engine they are legit so it dont flag them again. I admit I am impressed over Emsi.:rolleyes:

Reactions: ZeroDay and jn221

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.