Expired Bitdefender Total Security 2020 (90 days 5 Devices free)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/consumer/new/SL-get-4-months-total-security-2020/?cid=soc%7Cc%7Cfb%7CSL&fbclid=IwAR2biMDbtEVUcqlhnMj8Oj7abzZ5i22yDwg-hg6Tq5sSmFz47dLyPfl3qSU
How to get a license
This campaign is for first time users in US and Canada only.
The subscription can’t be used to extend any other Bitdefender active subscription you might have.
You have 20 days to activate the product.
Campaign ends on 30 April 2020.
Data collected according to our [URL='https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/legal-privacy-policy-for-home-users-solutions.html']privacy policy.[/URL]

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thx. I'm practicing with Duolingo :p
I'll keep Kaspersky.
I think using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free + MBAM Anti Exploit is a good and light protection.
I think you can better combine Kaspersky Security Cloud Free with NoVirusThanks SysHardener or Hard_Configurator.
Maybe @harlan4096 and/or @Andy Ful can advice you better about what's the best companion for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free of those 2?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
KSCF + MBAM-AE... I see probably issues there in this combo? :unsure: ... I would go better to NVT SysHardener and/or NVT OSA... about combo with Hard_Configurator better @Andy Ful is the man :)
I know, but you are our Kaspersky man.
I was thinking about this post of Andy:
I am finishing tests with H_C beta ver. 5.0.1.0.
One of the tests included fighting CXK-NMSL ransomware. The attack performed via the BAT file bypassed many strong AVs.
I considered possible attacks as follows:
  1. Initial BAT malware executed manually by the user from UserSpace,
  2. Initial BAT malware executed manually by the user from the email client,
  3. Initial (original) BAT malware executed manually by the user from the archiver application,
  4. Initial (original) EXE file which extracts & runs the BAT malware by using "cmd /c ..." command-line (in-the-wild attack), when EXE was allowed to run by the AV.
The test was performed on the weakest H_C setting profile e.g. :
Windows_*_Basic_Recommended_Settings.hdc
This profile allows EXE and MSI files globally, except when opened from the archiver or e-mail client applications.

The BAT malware was blocked in all scenarios. Furthermore, this profile will block any malware which will use one of these scenarios or similar scenarios 1-4 that use Windows native scripts (like BAT, CMD, JS, JSE, VBS, VBE, WSF, WSH, PS1).

The users who applied SysHardener should know that such attacks are not blocked in default settings for BAT and CMD files (also the scenario 4 for PowerShell scripts). Some additional tweaks are required:
  1. Unassociate BAT extension (will block the scenarios 1-3 for BAT scripts, but will not block similar attacks via CMD scripts).
  2. Disable PowerShell Script Execution (will block all scenarios 1-4 for PowerShell scripts).
It is not possible to block scenario 4, by using SysHardener.
That would imply that Hard_Configurator would be a better companion.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
That would imply that Hard_Configurator would be a better companion.
It will be a stronger setup, but H_C is also a more complex solution than SysHardener.
If one can be satisfied with the basic protection of SysHardener on default settings, then this will be the recommended solution.
Tweaking SysHardener for stronger protection is not as good as it looks because of silent blocks without the possibility of checking what was actually blocked. Furthermore, there is no possibility of whitelisting. In such a case one can consider applying the H_C settings (some learning will be required). The upcoming version will include a special setting profile, similar in idea to SysHardener, but stronger (especially against scripting).

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
It will be a stronger setup, but H_C is also a more complex solution than SysHardener.
If one can be satisfied with the basic protection of SysHardener on default settings, then this will be the recommended solution.
Tweaking SysHardener for stronger protection is not as good as it looks because of silent blocks without the possibility of checking what was actually blocked. Furthermore, there is no possibility of whitelisting. In such a case one can consider applying the H_C settings (some learning will be required). The upcoming version will include a special setting profile, similar in idea to SysHardener, but stronger (especially against scripting).
SysHardener is light? What's the difference between OS Armor? I'm thinking about one of them to use with ESET.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
SysHardener is light? What's the difference between OS Armor? I'm thinking about one of them to use with ESET.
Both are kind of Attack Surface Reduction tools.

SysHardener - simple, basic protection and configuration, uses Windows Policies (Registry modifications), no 3rd party drivers, no Log, no whitelisting/blacklisting.

OSArmor - complex, many layers of protection, very configurable, uses 3rd party driver, has the Log, allows custom whitelisting/blacklisting rules.

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Good luck with Bitdefender support. If uninstall/reinstall and exclusion no work for you then you have to use something else.

My gaming PC was running good without Bitdefender and when I install Bitdefender, my pc performance like a potato pc.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Good luck with Bitdefender support. If uninstall/reinstall and exclusion no work for you then you have to use something else.

My gaming PC was running good without Bitdefender and when I install Bitdefender, my pc performance like a potato pc.
In lightness I feel Bitdefender a little bit lighter than Kaspersky, but almost the same. Browsing is faster at least.

But nothing beats the lightness of ESET, it's almost having a new PC, lighter than WD.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I tried this and went back to Internet Security. The additions of Total Security are just bloat in my opinion. And it “optimized” my startup. I don’t like AVs messing with things outside of security. It didn’t tell me it would, it just did it after saying it needed a while to adjust. I dislike that approach.

dark_wielder

Level 2
Mar 7, 2020
it is still working, i just tested.

Indeed, the promotion page has been reopened. Due to the expiration of the time, it was directing to a 90-day trial promotion.

@The Cog in the Machine You checked it, didn't you? Tell me please, I'm not schizophrenia :ROFLMAO:.

I tried this and went back to Internet Security. The additions of Total Security are just bloat in my opinion. And it “optimized” my startup. I don’t like AVs messing with things outside of security. It didn’t tell me it would, it just did it after saying it needed a while to adjust. I dislike that approach.

I agree with you, I think optimization tools other than security packages are for marketing purposes only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.