Expired Bitdefender Total Security 2020 (90 days 5 Devices free)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/consumer/new/SL-get-4-months-total-security-2020/?cid=soc%7Cc%7Cfb%7CSL&fbclid=IwAR2biMDbtEVUcqlhnMj8Oj7abzZ5i22yDwg-hg6Tq5sSmFz47dLyPfl3qSU
How to get a license
This campaign is for first time users in US and Canada only.
The subscription can’t be used to extend any other Bitdefender active subscription you might have.
You have 20 days to activate the product.
Campaign ends on 30 April 2020.
Data collected according to our [URL='https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/legal-privacy-policy-for-home-users-solutions.html']privacy policy.[/URL]

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Still valid but you need to use a Canada IP
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.25_09h11m12s_001_.png
You have 20 days to activate it with the 4 month installer

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I would take BTS for a spin, I have it installed on my Notebook(8gb Ram+256gb SSD) and I do not think it is heavy.
IMO it is the best AV-Suite on the planet. ;)

sirius777

Level 2
Oct 24, 2019
I see a few people sharing test results from AV-Comparatives here. Since when do people here on MT trust the test results of AV-Comparatives?

SysHardener is light? What's the difference between OS Armor? I'm thinking about one of them to use with ESET.

You don't need OS Armor when you use ESET. Learn more about the settings of ESET and you won't need anything else (no extra security software).

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

My wife has a similar laptop for work and it seems to work pretty well there. I’d trial it if you are curious. It uses a lot of ram sometimes, up to 350. But most of the time when not scanning its around 170-180MB.
If it uses 170-180 MB RAM then it wouldn't be much problem for me. One can get Bitdefender at very low cost in my region compared to other security softwares even if others are on discount.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
If it uses 170-180 MB RAM then it wouldn't be much problem for me. One can get Bitdefender at very low cost in my region compared to other security softwares even if others are on discount.
It can vary system to system. Some people said it’s still well over 200 most of the time. But if you are interested I would use the 30 day trial and see how you like it. It did take a couple days for it to start being below 200. Supposedly it adapts to each pc.

I see a few people sharing test results from AV-Comparatives here. Since when do people here on MT trust the test results of AV-Comparatives?

It can be used as one data point to evaluate a software. Probably wise not to base your decision purely on the big tests which are definitely not the whole story. But, the obsession here with true zero days is a bit much. Most AVs are going to fail with real zero days. Thankfully most of us don’t see many of those, if any. If you are at higher risk for running into those then it's a good bet that you should use some SRP, or anti-exe to lock things down.

Wraith2020

Level 2
Mar 19, 2020

You don't need OS Armor when you use ESET. Learn more about the settings of ESET and you won't need anything else (no extra security software).
+1. The only thing I miss in ESET is virtualization. For that purpose I use Sandboxie to run my browsers sandboxed.

dark_wielder

Level 2
Mar 7, 2020

I'm talking for my computer. The computer consumes a little high ram when it first starts (350MB~). But before long, this consumption falls (150MB~).
After installing, run a full system scan and reboot. Over time, its consumption decreases.

Ek Açıklama 2020-04-26 204008.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have been testing BDTS on my core i3 laptop and I am really impressed. The product is very very light and the system is very responsive but I have to admit that it slows down browsing speed a bit which is sth I have never encountered while using Kaspersky for example. Another very annoying "issue" (if it really is) is that BD takes much time to startup on system boot ( you do not see it in task bar very early). Other than that, everything seems to be OK. Regarding ram usage, some times it is as high as 400 MBs and in some instances it goes down to 70 MBs. BD has really improved and I hope they keep on track.

The Ordynary

Level 3
Apr 26, 2020
Bitdefender is wonderful, but it still needs to improve its pup detection a lot, it leaves a lot to be desired in that sense, I hope that in the next versions they add a module to detect pups like its BB, which was practically nonexistent in previous versions, has been improved.

I'm talking for my computer. The computer consumes a little high ram when it first starts (350MB~). But before long, this consumption falls (150MB~).
After installing, run a full system scan and reboot. Over time, its consumption decreases.

View attachment 238174
Bitdefender is really heavy and needs to improve in this regard, it is lagging behind in terms of weight to other competitors.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I have been testing BDTS on my core i3 laptop and I am really impressed. The product is very very light and the system is very responsive but I have to admit that it slows down browsing speed a bit which is sth I have never encountered while using Kaspersky for example. Another very annoying "issue" (if it really is) is that BD takes much time to startup on system boot ( you do not see it in task bar very early). Other than that, everything seems to be OK. Regarding ram usage, some times it is as high as 400 MBs and in some instances it goes down to 70 MBs. BD has really improved and I hope they keep on track.
The GUI takes time to start up, but the AV services are running very early if you check. I agree the improvement is real and I haven’t gone straight back to ESET or WD as I usually do. I kind of like this new BD.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The GUI takes time to start up, but the AV services are running very early if you check. I agree the improvement is real and I haven’t gone straight back to ESET or WD as I usually do. I kind of like this new BD.
Bitdefender is offered by my ISP for $9/year per device which is reasonable. Honestly, the only thing I really want Bitdefender to implement is the cloud reputation check feature, though implemented differently by different vendors, which allows you to check a file reputation and number of users such as Eset Livegird, Norton Insight and KSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.