Expired Bitdefender Total Security 2020 (90 days 5 Devices free)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/consumer/new/SL-get-4-months-total-security-2020/?cid=soc%7Cc%7Cfb%7CSL&fbclid=IwAR2biMDbtEVUcqlhnMj8Oj7abzZ5i22yDwg-hg6Tq5sSmFz47dLyPfl3qSU
How to get a license
This campaign is for first time users in US and Canada only.
The subscription can’t be used to extend any other Bitdefender active subscription you might have.
You have 20 days to activate the product.
Campaign ends on 30 April 2020.
Data collected according to our [URL='https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/legal-privacy-policy-for-home-users-solutions.html']privacy policy.[/URL]

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
In my opinion, BD should not be tested inside a VM. Moreover, BD takes time to settle in one's device and it adapts to that system configuration. so for BD to be tested properly, it needs to be running on the system for some days at least. I do suggest that someone tests BD here in the hub (I do not know if one would do it on a real system not a VM) to see how it performs.

+1. The only thing I miss in ESET is virtualization. For that purpose I use Sandboxie to run my browsers sandboxed.
Why not use BD's SafePay browser for online transactions?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The GUI takes time to start up, but the AV services are running very early if you check. I agree the improvement is real and I haven’t gone straight back to ESET or WD as I usually do. I kind of like this new BD.
I was not talking about the GUI, if you look at the action centre when Windows boots up, BD takes nearly half a min to appear in the action centre which kinda annoying. The same goes for Kaspersky and their message of loading components. I think this is due to the fact that both products have many sophisticated protection components and that's why they take longer to startup. Regarding BD's GUI, in my system it takes 2 secs to open. Some years ago, when Bitdefneder released Windows 8 Security (special product), I liked how fast BD's startup was. I believe they itegrated ELAM perfectly. I do not know what has changed ever since.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I was not talking about the GUI, if you look at the action centre when Windows boots up, BD takes nearly half a min to appear in the action centre which kinda annoying. The same goes for Kaspersky and their message of loading components. I think this is due to the fact that both products have many sophisticated protection components and that's why they take longer to startup. Regarding BD's GUI, in my system it takes 2 secs to open. Some years ago, when Bitdefneder released Windows 8 Security (special product), I liked how fast BD's startup was. I believe they itegrated ELAM perfectly. I do not know what has changed ever since.
Actually he didn't mean the GUI, he's talking about the system tray icon of Bitdefender. It's true that it appears like a minute later but like he said the Antivirus services already start long before the tray icon appears.

Wraith2020

Level 2
Mar 19, 2020
I think it varies from system to system. BD adjusts itself to every system. In my old PC with a Pentium Dual Core CPU and 4GB RAM with a HDD the GUI takes a while to load but on the PC with i5 with 8 GB RAM and a SSD the GUI loads as soon as the OS loads itself.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Actually he didn't mean the GUI, he's talking about the system tray icon of Bitdefender. It's true that it appears like a minute later but like he said the Antivirus services already start long before the tray icon appears.
Yes sorry I worded that poorly. I did mean the system tray icon at startup for accessing BD. My reference to it running earlier was that if you open Task Manager, or whatever you use, you can see the services start fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Now I see! I totally misunderstood what he was saying, my apologies. So, in your opinion, what is causing the delay in appearing in action centre even though services start early?

HazB

Level 1
Verified
Nov 2, 2015
Today is the final day of this offer for US & Canada region !!!

After e-mail is received, you have 20 days to install/activate from within a Bitdefender account.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is now 90 days 5 devices
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.01_09h51m54s_002_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.01_09h51m02s_001_.png

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
I've been running BTS 2020 on four devices at home since March. I'm working at home and logging into my organization's network continually and another family member is logging into her company's network daily as well. I found a good deal on a two-year, 5-device BTS 2020 and pulled the plug from reputation alone. Our lowest end machine is an i5-2400 and it runs perfectly fine on that one. The others are an i5-4590 and two i7s. I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever with BTS on any of our machines. So far it's lightweight, fast, and does what it does mostly in the background and stays out of our way.

Edit: I should mention that all machines are using 8GB ram. I'm upgrading a couple of them to 16GB soon for other reasons.

Last edited:

pica

Level 1
Verified
Dec 30, 2018

1588956493068.png

• HaHa
Reactions: bayasdev
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.