App Review Bitdefender Total Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Bitdefender 2022 test!
Bitdefender is a Romanian company, very well known and leader in security, competitor of Kaspersky.
For several years, it has been offering its flagship product by improving various modules (behavioral, adding Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning etc.).
Will Bitdefender convince us?

The interface is simple and has a dark mode. My eyes thank him!
The product is well configured by default.

In terms of web protection, Bitdefender proves its strength, except for phishing, where the product struggles.

On the other hand, the pack is a cold shower!
Bitdefender lets the Worm.Autoruns worm install itself and takes advantage of it to do great damage.
Bitdefender tries to catch its mistake, but it's too late, the infection is still there.
Too bad, but the system is infected

RAM Usage : High
Phishing URL test : 3/5 (2 missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 14 out of 189. Bitdefender allows 3 worms to install that will seriously infect the system. Bitdefender tries to react, but belatedly

Result :
- Hitman Pro : Infected
- ESET : Infected
- NPE : Infected
- KVRT : 45 (Worm.Autoruns)
Recommand : Yes, but for careful surfing
System Clean : No. System infected

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello,

YouTube had fun deleting the test video because "it did not respect the rules", reported by Bitdefender.
As a result, I received a warning with several restrictions.....

Thanks Bitdefender, but I don't fake my tests 😉

Of course I appealed
Screenshot_20220131-125825_YT Studio.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Hello,

YouTube had fun deleting the test video because "it did not respect the rules", reported by Bitdefender.

Of course I appealed
Why BugDefender thinks a video has been modified?
BD Developers + McDonalds + RAM-BurgerEngine = MindBlown by overweight too much BigMacs with fries. :ROFLMAO:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
You broke the first rule in malware testing: Everybody wins :D
That's what I give K7 credit for. They got abysmal results for years but still got tested again and again and again.
The other way seems to be: You don't like the result you get the video deleted. I prefer the first way.

icarus

Level 2
Oct 29, 2021
Hello,

Of course I appealed
bitdefender is a BIG FAT LIE only paid as hell to be topten and top of the charts just like windows firewall :ROFLMAO:old channel and now this one get deleted but we found the true devil in here the big bug defender

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
So much hate towards BitDefender... it's one of the biggest cybersecurity firms and probably one of the best antiviruses there are. One failed test does not turn it into a poor-quality product. Fanatism is not great, no matter which side you are on.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
So much hate towards BitDefender... it's one of the biggest cybersecurity firms and probably one of the best antiviruses there are. One failed test does not turn it into a poor-quality product. Fanatism is not great, no matter which side you are on.

I reassure you, I have no hatred towards Bitdefender, even if the method used is questionable...

I would have preferred the editor to contact me by PM YouTube, or something else, so that we could talk together. I know that they have the samples used, I give them to the editors at the end of each video.

And to complete, I often send them FUD malwares (at the time I answer you, I have a Trojan that steals Discord tokens that is Pumped, no AV sees it except WiseVector, and I sent it to all editors, including Bitdefender)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I reassure you, I have no hatred towards Bitdefender, even if the method used is questionable...

I would have preferred the editor to contact me by PM YouTube, or something else, so that we could talk together. I know that they have the samples used, I give them to the editors at the end of each video.

And to complete, I often send them FUD malwares (at the time I answer you, I have a Trojan that steals Discord tokens that is Pumped, no AV sees it except WiseVector, and I sent it to all editors, including Bitdefender)
I have nothing but respect to you my dear friend. I was referring to all the comments bashing the firm as if it was a horrible product, when it's not. It's so solid, companies use its engine for their own products :geek:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I have nothing but respect to you my dear friend. I was referring to all the comments bashing the firm as if it was a horrible product, when it's not. It's so solid, companies use its engine for their own products :geek:

That's exactly it dear friend ;)

Gdata, Emsisoft, AlYac, ArcaBit etc use Bitdefender. Even though it failed in my test, it is still a good product. :)
And failure can happen to anyone ;) (remember where ESET let through an MBRLock that killed the boot several months ago in one of my videos :D )

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
How BugDefender failed a test? He ate too much BigMacs from McDonalds :ROFLMAO:

Why BugDefender is worst than ESET? Because of RAM-BurgerEngine :ROFLMAO:

Such results are normal. Bitdefender missed installation of 3 malware. Let's see how are results of other top AVs in Consumer tests of SE Labs and AV-Comparatives in the year 2021 (6 tests):
Kaspersky: 1, 0, 4, 0, 4, 1
Norton: 0, 0, 5, 0, 2(3), 0

The results of Eset in AV-Test (6 tests in 2021): 1, 0, 6, 2, 1, 0

As we can see the AV can miss a few samples in one test and 0 samples in another. Missing a few samples in one test does not mean that the AV protection is not very good.(y)

Last edited:
G

Guilhermesene

I registered on this forum specifically to reply to this post, the most disgusting thing and fanaticism displayed in this thread is supporting a massive organisation like Bitdefender which is bullying and getting shadwora's video deleted and later his second account will also be deleted/banned just like they got his first youtube account deleted/banned.

@Shadowra Stop using youtube, upload on Vimeo and Dailymotion and then embed here, it is very easy for big companies to supress the truth on youtube, your accounts and videos will keep getting deleted by the complaints from Bitdefender.
Just two questions:
→ Can you claim that it is really Bitdefender who is doing this?
→ If yes, how can you prove it?

These are just questions, I prefer not to confront you 🙂

Reactions: Venustus

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Just two questions:
→ Can you claim that it is really Bitdefender who is doing this?
→ If yes, how can you prove it?

These are just questions, I prefer not to confront you 🙂

I indicated it above :) (it's even written in the email I received, but I won't put the capture, there's some personal info)

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
I have something to say. It seems to me that in this test Bitdefender gets a mediocre result, but what bothers me the most is the ram consumption.
I have been testing products for example Avast consumes around 330 - 350mb, Bitdefender 450, and sometimes more than 500mb, which is excessive.
Kaspersky consumes 130mb and less than that, Norton consumes over 100mb and when in silent mode 40mb.
Greetings and thanks for the test :3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.