Advice Request Bitdefender Web Protection good enough?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Because my security setup is so rock solid (WDAC, SRP and MD on MAX) I am channeling my desire to tweak something (it is so boring to have one of the most secure Windows OS based security setups) by comparing browser extension against randomly chosen links out of each of those free malware/phishing URL sources (link) and I can tell you that Bitdefender Traffic Light always scores top notch.

That said NextDNS and Quad9 are (from the free DNS) usually the two who constantly end up blocking most bad URL's. Quad9 does a little better than NextDNS when you don't enable to block newly registered domains (I get the impression that half of the malware/phishing URL's are newly registered domains)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Back3

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Their high end endpoint security product is light and responsive and you can add UBlock Origin to your browser for even more protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.