Blake's configuration

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
I have never been infected on this computer (been using it for 3 years) but I did get infected once on my previous computer (it was a keylogger), so I do have some sort of keylogophobia(?). anyways I'm currently looking for some ways to improve my setup. I don't really like the new MBAM UI so i'm probably getting emsisoft emergency kit.
My computer specs:
RYYs2Be.png

As you can see, my computer isn't powerful so make sure not to recommend something heavy.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Good descent configuration,
>Well Utorrent is the best available out there, why don't u give a try.
>In ur real time protection webroot should work well, If u want to extend ur license u may access the webroot giveaway here.
>For an on demand scanner u may try Hit man Pro since u r not satisfied with MBAM UI.
>For system image backup, windows 7 inbuilt should work fine, try it , other software will do the same as win 7 Backup and recovery.
>For secure online transaction why don't u use Sandboxie, I have been using it from past 4 months without any obligations.

Reactions: BlakeR

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
Good descent configuration,
>Well Utorrent is the best available out there, why don't u give a try.
>In ur real time protection webroot should work well, If u want to extend ur license u may access the webroot giveaway here.
>For an on demand scanner u may try Hit man Pro since u r not satisfied with MBAM UI.
>For system image backup, windows 7 inbuilt should work fine, try it , other software will do the same as win 7 Backup and recovery.
>For secure online transaction why don't u use Sandboxie, I have been using it from past 4 months without any obligations.

Very helpful, Thank you!
But I have a question. say my system is already infected with a keylogger, will running my browser virtualized with sandboxie prevent that keylogger from recording my keystrokes?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Very helpful, Thank you!
But I have a question. say my system is already infected with a keylogger, will running my browser virtualized with sandboxie prevent that keylogger from recording my keystrokes?
Obviously yes , why don't u visit sandboxie official site and checkout yourself in their forum. So if u are not sure about it run an computer scan with EEK followed by Hitman Pro/MBAM and then Use a program called AdwCleaner to remove malicious browser plugins and install a fresh sandboxie then try it yourself.

Reactions: BlakeR

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
Obviously yes , why don't u visit sandboxie official site and checkout yourself in their forum. So if u are not sure about it run an computer scan with EEK followed by Hitman Pro/MBAM and then Use a program called AdwCleaner to remove malicious browser plugins and install a fresh sandboxie then try it yourself.

Thanks! :)

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
I'm looking for a replacement for webroot.It keeps preventing my files from getting uploaded on the cloud.

BlakeR

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
Installed webroot once again (figured out what was wrong)
Removed: hitman pro
Added: IDM

Chrome: Added mega - Added https everywhere - removed zenmate - removed downloadr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.