Troubleshoot Blank screen, blinking cursor on startup

Glennix

Thread author
Jan 1, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Blank screen, blinking cursor on startup. Happened the other day too, but eventually rebooted ok. Not today though.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Repeatedly rebooted while repeatedly pressing F2, F12 or escape key. No changes.
Blank screen, blinking cursor on startup. Happened the other day too, but eventually rebooted ok. Not today though. Not sure if I'm at the tight place for this topic. If not and you could kindly direct me I'd be grateful, thank you!

Reactions: Sana

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
See if there is an updated BIOS for your mobo, if you encounter the problem again. If it only happened once, I wouldn't stress too much. Still, check you HDD and backup :)

It could be that some task was scheduled to run or just some glitch in software / hardware that threw the whole boot up process into oblivion. RESET is your best friend, most of the times :D

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.