Advice Request Blocking YouTube ads in the iPhone and also web. Brief question.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Hi all. I want to help a friend. She has an iPhone. Also, a Windows laptop.
Windows:
For Edge, or Chrome, what is best addon to block ads in YouTube correctly?
Will the ad blocking part of Enhancer for YouTube addon get the job done? Because it has ad blocking section:
1649715950446.png

Or its best to use uBO?

iPhone:
For YouTube app on the iPhone, will paying for Adguard Pro, block ads or the user must pay for YouTube Premium?

1649716037082.png

Many thanks.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
If you install NextDNS for her main browser on Windows, she won't have anything to tweak. Combined with Adguard that automatically updates itself, it will be easy for her.
On her Iphone, you install the app. ( NextDNS) If she gets an issue with a site, she just has a slider to push to turn off the app.
That's what I did for my wife, who is not computer savvy..
Wipr is good for Safari....
That won't stop everything....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrento

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
iPhone:
For YouTube app on the iPhone, will paying for Adguard Pro, block ads or the user must pay for YouTube Premium?
No, unfortunately you can’t block ads in the YouTube app.

AdGuard pro only can do DNS and Safari blocking. Apple’s app sandboxing prevents any other apps from having ads blocked.

Reactions: Sorrento and Back3

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
On my Ipad, I have a News app that I like very much. When I click on it, I have to watch a 10-second commercial before being able to read the news. With NextDNS on, I don't have to watch this commercial. Neat.
But sometimes, I cannot watch a video in that News app.. I have to disable NextDNS....

Reactions: Sorrento

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.