Bloomingskull config

bloomingskull

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Hi,
I think I just got rid of an annoying adware or worse, anyway, I'd like to be more safe now on without having anything too cumbersome for the sistem to run smoothly.

I installed a lot of software following this guide (http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-redirect-virus/) that's how I found your awesome forum.
Right now I have antimalwarebites pro in trial time, so it will end in a month

What software do you suggest I should install?

thank you very much for you help

Reactions: tonibalas

bloomingskull

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Also something weird happens lately: I can't save file on my desktop anymore, nor I can't access it like when I try to upload a file here on the forum.

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
You should add Avira Browser Safety extension on both Chrome and Mozilla as you have Avira free... it is good extension, it's tested :)

Also something weird happens lately: I can't save file on my desktop anymore, nor I can't access it like when I try to upload a file here on the forum.
You can download Kaspersky Rescue Disk ver. 10 here http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk#downloads ..... My tips: Remove Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox then install it again...add one by one extension...and after each try to upload something to forum...reset your Folder Options - to defaut and disable Remote Registry Service under Services...run CCleaner and sfc /scannow (run Command Prompt as admin and type sfc/ scannow) of course run KRD ver. 10

Last edited by a moderator:

bloomingskull

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Hello, bloomingskull.. Thanks for sharing your config!
I would recommend the following:
1. Add an on-demand scanner, like HitmanPro, or keep the free version of MBAM
2. Add the following extensions to your browsers: HTTPS Everywhere & WOT

Thank you I addes both extensions

What do you think it's best between hitman pro or mbam as a free version? Is it iportant to buy the pro licence?

You should add Avira Browser Safety extension on both Chrome and Mozilla as you have Avira free... it is good extension, it's tested :)
Isn't it like WOT? should I prefer and use it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
I think you should prefer Avira Browser Safety...they have some similarity, and both extensions are good. For example both will notify you what site is safe (WOT is better here) but Avira is better in blocking of malicious stuff :)

bloomingskull

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Yes I'm receiving assistance on this right know by the awesome Argus.

Backup I use a mirrored raid NAS saving my work and important files. No backup software though, is there anything good? I have a mac too and I'm used to timemachine very easy and unobstrusive backup.

Reactions: illumination

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
[
Yes I'm receiving assistance on this right know by the awesome Argus.

Backup I use a mirrored raid NAS saving my work and important files. No backup software though, is there anything good? I have a mac too and I'm used to timemachine very easy and unobstrusive backup.
Trust me your best backup is you..your External HDD or USB Stick :)

Reactions: bloomingskull

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you I addes both extensions

What do you think it's best between hitman pro or mbam as a free version? Is it iportant to buy the pro licence?
As OneDay explained, you can keep Malwarebytes free. At trial's end it remains functional and continues removing malware. Hitman Pro, when it's trial expires no longer removes malware yet continues to give alerts when threats are found, so both are worth keeping.
bloomingskull (your name makes me smile!:p) Malwarebytes also offers a free Anti-Exploit. It protects apps & browsers from this type of vulnerability. Read about and download here:
Edit: As you are currently receiving malware assistance I would refrain from making further changes and/or additions until you've been given a clean bill of health. In other words do not make any changes until you've reached it's completion. Thanks!:D

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If only dealing on USB I suggest add McShield on realtime (does not conflict with Avira).

For storing the password securely, use Lastpass (Password Manager).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.