BoXX's Defenses

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
The latest version is light and works just great. Great complement for my security setup.

D

Deleted member 178

you meant complement :D btw i compliment you for your config too :p

thanks for the info, i will test it.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Added the Advanced Registry Protection List to WinPatrol PLUS. Thanks to Littlebits for the tip. :biggrin:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For that configuration looks ok for me. So its his decision how he feel on the security.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
win7holic: I respected your post and I'm not attempting to made it unfair. Both of you were advance users and knowledgeable the fact was its a decision on how he setup the configuration so all to do is to respect it.

P

Plexx

Thats quite alot of security layers. Could I ask any tips on EMET configurations (apart from the one in the tutorial post that I saw not long ago).

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I removed Avast! and WinPatrol PLUS to try out the latest version of CIS which is 5.8,
So far, I'm satisfied with this and I might try it for a week or so.

D

Deleted member 178

it start like that and after you stick with it for very very long time, thought the same when CIS was just CFW (no AV yet), then you see me now :D

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Removed Microsoft Security Essentials and installed PCAV PRO 6 months trial from Facebook. Much lighter and faster than Microsoft Security Essentials and so far, I'm liking it a lot.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Panda Cloud is good, if you're okay with using a cloud-based AV.

I previously used their Free and v1.9.1 Beta versions, although IMO one of the top cloud-based AVs, I wasn't fond of the delay on start-up and during log-in (even from Sleep).

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm aware of the disadvantages of using a Cloud AV but I'm fine with it.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
What delay? Why is that bad? So in 2-3 seconds that a delay occurs your going to be infected? Are you aware that Panda keeps a cached temp folder of definitions for when your offline? I experience no delay what so ever. Been installing Panda and every customers pc with no complaints yet about a delay.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Didn't experienced a delay here yet and so far, No false positives yet.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
You cannot also compare 1.9.1 beta against 1.5.1 official. Anyone should know that and understand a beta may have bugs.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm also excited with what the future version offers, Who knows they might bundle the Firewall with the Free Version?

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
No they wont. There are dev's over at Wilders that said no. The firewall will problem be very weak anyways like Avast's.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Maximus said:
What delay? Why is that bad? So in 2-3 seconds that a delay occurs your going to be infected? Are you aware that Panda keeps a cached temp folder of definitions for when your offline? I experience no delay what so ever. Been installing Panda and every customers pc with no complaints yet about a delay.
I never said it was bad, I just said I wasn't fond of it. I also said it was one of the top cloud-based AVs. Good for you.
Maximus said:
You cannot also compare 1.9.1 beta against 1.5.1 official. Anyone should know that and understand a beta may have bugs.
Never did I compare 1.5.1 and 1.9.1, all I said I did use both.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it would be unfair that a free version may bundled a firewall cause if happens then no one will use the PRO version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.