Advanced Plus Security brambedkar59's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 21, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
2 older laptops running Win 10 both running defender
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Standard
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Folder exclusions
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Common extension/Search in all browsers: Bitwarden, Bing Search
Edge (Default): uBlock Origin (MV2), Shazam (enabled only on usage), Bypass Paywalls Clean ( (enabled only on usage))
Firefox (Secondary): uBlock Origin
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Proton VPN
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Biweekly run: Windows Built-in, CCleaner, WiseCare 365 (Rarely used), Driver Store Explorer [RAPR] (for deleting old drivers not needed)
For finding program updates: UCheck & RuckZuck
HiBit Uninstaller
File and photo backups
Google Drive, OneDrive
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Gaming with third-party mods
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
11400H (UV via ThrottleStop), 3050Ti (UV via G-Helper), 16 GB, 0.5TB + 1 TB NVMe, 1 TB & 4 TB HDD (for image backup and downloads)
Notable changes
Kaspersky Free to AVG IS
AVG IS to Kaspersky Free
Kaspersky Free to Avast Premium
Avast Premium to Kaspersky Standard
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Is it just me or uBO Lite is considerably faster than uBO? I miss the custom filters for blocking YT video end cards though.
Back to uBO as uBO Lite doesn't have custom filters for YT end cards. Convenience >> Performance.

Let's hope I won't have to use this trick next time. 🤞🏼
That did not last long. I tried repair this time, but same issue appeared again after another day. I think problem was with AVG IS and not with VPN. My bad luck continues with AVG/Avast.

Removed: AVG Internet Security

Back to tried and tested combo of Kaspersky Free and MB WFC. No issues since 9th of July, when I changed the config.
 
I have switched to the new cloud McAfee very light, and protection seems to be on par with avg now that they can respond better to threats and use the cloud for immediate threat detection and upload.
 
What was the problem with AVG Internet Security?
Read post #124 of this thread.
When you use Kaspersky, did you disable Microsoft Defender or just install Kaspersky and let it disable it by itself?
I disable defender because I don't like it running in background. I reenable defender each month so it can update components via Windows Update.
 
Not with Kaspersky free, I asked him because I have Microsoft Defender run with Kaspersky in the same time 3 times before, I never have this problem with any other AV.
Oh, that's odd because I think it shouldn't be related to the specific AV as long as they register in Windows Security. MD didn't used to disable its main process in the past with Windows 11 but that changed either last year or at the beginning of this year. Maybe Kaspersky support can answer if it's only happening with Kaspersky.
 
Oh, that's odd because I think it shouldn't be related to the specific AV as long as they register in Windows Security. MD didn't used to disable its main process in the past with Windows 11 but that changed either last year or at the beginning of this year. Maybe Kaspersky support can answer if it's only happening with Kaspersky.
In the first time I thought it is a bug, I reinstalled it, but it happens again, and no answer from Kaspersky support
 
I have switched to the new cloud McAfee very light, and protection seems to be on par with avg now that they can respond better to threats and use the cloud for immediate threat detection and upload.
It's ranked 1st in the performance test by AV Comparatives 😲

So you face it too? I thought it is only me.
How you disable Microsoft Defender?
I use either Group Policy or DControl.
 
Oh, that's odd because I think it shouldn't be related to the specific AV as long as they register in Windows Security. MD didn't used to disable its main process in the past with Windows 11 but that changed either last year or at the beginning of this year. Maybe Kaspersky support can answer if it's only happening with Kaspersky.
After enabling defender these processes appeared. Idk if this is a bug with Kaspersky.

1721108790344.png

1721108850786.png
 
it stays on at about 0.3 % of memory with several avs i've tried lately. in the end i used dcontrol to shut it down . not going back. kaspersky free at mo with win FW andy ful settings applied . pretty fast .
Can you elaborate on this? Sorry, I didn't understand the abbreviations. Defender Control is there. And the rest?
DControll doesn't start Defender anymore?
 
After enabling defender these processes appeared. Idk if this is a bug with Kaspersky.

View attachment 284349
View attachment 284350
This is on a system with ESET installed. All Defender services are auto stopped.
1721294845015.png

Maybe it's happening for you because your Defender services were stopped by Defender Control prior to installing Kaspersky, not automatically after installing Kaspersky. Also, Defender Control is not updated anymore so it doesn't know about the new Defender Core Service. So that could also result in incompatibility. If none of this is correct, then it could be a bug from Kaspersky's side. Looking at ESET, their Security Center integration module was last updated in August 2023, so the integration method hasn't changed in Windows for a while.
1.jpg
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top