Advanced Plus Security brambedkar59's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Feb 21, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
2 older laptops running Win 10 both running defender
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Standard
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Folder exclusions
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Common extension/Search in all browsers: Bitwarden, Bing Search
Edge (Default): uBlock Origin (MV2), Shazam (enabled only on usage), Bypass Paywalls Clean ( (enabled only on usage))
Firefox (Secondary): uBlock Origin
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Proton VPN
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Biweekly run: Windows Built-in, CCleaner, WiseCare 365 (Rarely used), Driver Store Explorer [RAPR] (for deleting old drivers not needed)
For finding program updates: UCheck & RuckZuck
HiBit Uninstaller
File and photo backups
Google Drive, OneDrive
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Gaming with third-party mods
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
11400H (UV via ThrottleStop), 3050Ti (UV via G-Helper), 16 GB, 0.5TB + 1 TB NVMe, 1 TB & 4 TB HDD (for image backup and downloads)
Notable changes
Kaspersky Free to AVG IS
AVG IS to Kaspersky Free
Kaspersky Free to Avast Premium
Avast Premium to Kaspersky Standard
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

The one issue I had with AVG was I had demonstrably lower CPU performance only in gaming situations. CPU scores 3DMark were about 8% lower. And FPS in high FPS games like Fortnite and Call of Duty were also 8% or so slower. I even submitted all the screenshots I had showing this to them. That was 2022. I tested again in 2023 a year or so later and it hadn’t changed. Not a big deal, and I’m not sure if it’s still the case these days.
I haven't noticed that mostly because I play at locked FPS much below the max refresh rate of display (locked @90 fps on a 144Hz display), to keep things cool for longer gaming sessions. I will keep a closer eye on that from now. Thanks.
 
I haven't noticed that mostly because I play at locked FPS much below the max refresh rate of display (locked @90 fps on a 144Hz display), to keep things cool for longer gaming sessions. I will keep a closer eye on that from now. Thanks.
Ah, on competitive stuff I always run it max at 170hz. It gets hot in my office haha. If I capped it even at 120 I would never have noticed.
 
Second day in a row, I have the same issue. Idk what's causing this, it's not an Ethernet driver issue as I haven't changed them for more than a year now and never had this issue before. I have to disable and reenable Ethernet in device manager and then do a restart to resolve this 😞
1719728882735.png
 
Second day in a row, I have the same issue. Idk what's causing this, it's not an Ethernet driver issue as I haven't changed them for more than a year now and never had this issue before. I have to disable and reenable Ethernet in device manager and then do a restart to resolve this 😞
I found the issue. Previous update of AVG (dated 20 June) messed something up and was causing system unable to access internet. Uninstalled both AVG IS and VPN, cleaned previous drivers & files, reinstalled AVG IS & VPN from website and everything works fine now as it should.
 
I found the issue. Previous update of AVG (dated 20 June) messed something up and was causing system unable to access internet. Uninstalled both AVG IS and VPN, cleaned previous drivers & files, reinstalled AVG IS & VPN from website and everything works fine now as it should.
Actually you are not going crazy i had my first issue with avg today not sure why i can't X out of the VPN's GUI i have to close it by the control Pannell. This happened with that new version of the VPN. Also avg's live support has been down for a few days now im unable to access to report my issue.
 
Last edited:
Actually you are not going crazy i had my first issue with avg today not sure why i can't X out of the VPN's GUI i have to close it by the control Pannell. This happened with that new version of the VPN. Also avg's live support has been down for a few days now im unable to access to report my issue.
Did a reinstall fix the issue for you as well?
 
I found the issue. Previous update of AVG (dated 20 June) messed something up and was causing system unable to access internet. Uninstalled both AVG IS and VPN, cleaned previous drivers & files, reinstalled AVG IS & VPN from website and everything works fine now as it should.
FYI, the next time try the repair option first before doing an uninstallation and reinstallation. On Avast forum I have seen that doing this usually fix issues caused by an update.
Even Avast officials often reply on Avast forum regarding fixing issues and asking for logs and then pushing a bug fix update without needing to contact support, But the thing is, they won't respond if you say that you're using AVG since that's Avast forum even though they are the exact same product except the GUI.
 
FYI, the next time try the repair option first before doing an uninstallation and reinstallation. On Avast forum I have seen that doing this usually fix issues caused by an update.
Even Avast officials often reply on Avast forum regarding fixing issues and asking for logs and then pushing a bug fix update without needing to contact support, But the thing is, they won't respond if you say that you're using AVG since that's Avast forum even though they are the exact same product except the GUI.
Let's hope I won't have to use this trick next time. 🤞🏼
 
Actually you are not going crazy i had my first issue with avg today not sure why i can't X out of the VPN's GUI i have to close it by the control Pannell. This happened with that new version of the VPN. Also avg's live support has been down for a few days now im unable to access to report my issue.
If you want to access AVG VPN menu, here is a workaround:

right click AVG VPN system tray icon and select about product:

2024-07-02_16-43-36.png

then close it:

Vpn_2024-07-02_16-41-00.png

now you can access the menu and close from the AVG VPN's GUI:

Vpn_2024-07-02_16-41-16.png
 
Is it just me or uBO Lite is considerably faster than uBO? I miss the custom filters for blocking YT video end cards though.
You're not alone. It's something I also felt even in my portable Chrome browsers which is stored on the HDD. As it was discussed before in a uBO thread it could be due to the fact that for uBO Lite the main blocking is done by the browser itself instead of the extension.
BTW, did you AVG get faster after a deep scan with changing those persistent cache related options in geek:area?
 
BTW, did you AVG get faster after a deep scan with changing those persistent cache related options in geek:area?
I think it has. Could be placebo too idk 🤔

For me it doesn't matter if its faster, but does it block ads as well, that is the question me matey.
So, far it hasn't failed me. It's working well on YT. I will update when if it does fail me.
Edit: Strikethrough
 
Last edited:
I found the issue. Previous update of AVG (dated 20 June) messed something up and was causing system unable to access internet. Uninstalled both AVG IS and VPN, cleaned previous drivers & files, reinstalled AVG IS & VPN from website and everything works fine now as it should.
So far on a couple of PC's, this has been a nice set up :)
mullvad and avg.png
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top