Level 82
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I believe the flags are similar to Chrome

Mostly.

Tried downloading from the main website using Vivaldi and Microsoft Edge. Heimdal Thor Premium Home blocks the download. Contacted support to make sure it is a false positive.

View attachment 235771View attachment 235772

Someone else posted about this yesterday on another thread. It has to be an FP.

Brave may be having server issues because there are reports of update failures, but you should have no problem with a new install. Or you can wait ...

oldschool

Level 82
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I can download it using Firefox.
Screenshot (14).png

James246

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018

oldschool

Level 82
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@The Cog in the Machine et. al. - A new post from Brave Support:

28m

40.png
ToughPapaya:
Version number: Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official build) (64-bit)
This one is the latest release.
And for all,
Currently there’s a maintenance with the update server. We can wait and try again later.
Thanks

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
May not be a false positive for few days now the Foresight part of Thor Premium has not liked a Brave Web connection, Heimdal have looked into and have not changed their minds
I still have not received anything from Heimdal Security support. Yes, I believe it is not a FP. Actually this is expected as Brave browser has made its way to the top, so it is expected to see issue like this and surely it will be targeted. The issue might be related to the Coronavirus outbreak though.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013

Mar 30, 2020
Brave Update Servers maintenance
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Mar 30, 00:19 UTC
Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Mar 30, 00:18 UTC
Investigating - We're currently performing maintenance.
Mar 29, 16:11 UTC

@The Cog in the Machine

Please post Heimdal response.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

Mar 30, 2020
Brave Update Servers maintenance
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Mar 30, 00:19 UTC
Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Mar 30, 00:18 UTC
Investigating - We're currently performing maintenance.
Mar 29, 16:11 UTC

@The Cog in the Machine

Please post Heimdal response.

Heimdal still blocks the download. I still have not received any responses from Heimdal support.
Screenshot (16).png

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Brave Privacy Protections

The article describes the Privacy Protections in Brave. Nowadays, browsers come with some built-in protections for the users but whether they are adequate and strong enough are yet to be seen. If you feel the built-in protections are inadequate then it's time to boost them

Examples does Brave protects the user against zero-width Unicode characters or against keystroke fingerprinting?

Below attachment shows the detection of zero-width Unicode characters at amazon.com using the 'Detect Zero-Width Characters' extension. An interesting read up is provided in the below link

1585551211377.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.