Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Comodo Firewall ( Cs )
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zam. NPE. VirusTotal Uploader 2.2, Shadow Defender to test programs, etc.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Ublock Origin + Ublock extra,.Emsisoft Broser. Scriptsafe, Privacy possum. Auto History Wipe.Slimjet and Firefox.
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner Portable .Disk Defrag Portable.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect.
System recovery
unidad portátil externa
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300

Mortheboard Asus P5KPL-AM SE .
RAM 4086 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2
HD 500. GB

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Sandboxie can be very useful in combo with Shadow Defender on boot. You cannot install the new programs with Shadow Defender on boot, because they will disappear after reboot. You have to exit the shadow mode or install programs in the sandboxes on the partition which is not in the shadow mode. In the second case you can safely install applications without touching the system - very nice feature, because the applications are isolated to each other, and can be additionally highly restricted. I still use such a setup (for 2 years) on one of my old laptops.

Edit.
That will require Sandboxie paid version, because in the free version only one sandbox can be active at a time.

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Sandboxie can be very useful in combo with Shadow Defender on boot. You cannot install the new programs with Shadow Defender on boot, because they will disappear after reboot. You have to exit the shadow mode or install programs in the sandboxes on the partition which is not in the shadow mode. In the second case you can safely install applications without touching the system - very nice feature, because the applications are isolated to each other, and can be additionally highly restricted. I still use such a setup (for 2 years) on one of my old laptops.
Thank you @Andy Ful. I didn't know that. I'll try it.(y)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
How do you do that?
It's in the advanced settings, miscellaneous, you slide the buttons to "on" for as many vulnerable processes as you can without causing issues. Depending on your system and installed programs, you might not be able to turn on full protection for cmd.exe, for instance.

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
That's right, thank you @shmu26.

explorer_2019-01-06_12-37-26.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.