winrar,
virustotal uploader,
grabit
windscribe vpn free,
vlc media player.
syshardener,
run by smartscreen.
File and Photo backup
macrium reflect to an external hard drive every time i change something.
System recovery
macrium reflect free to an external hard drive.
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
lenovo 500ish desktop,
i5 6400,
intel hd 530 integrated,
8 gb ramm ddr4,
1tb hhd,
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup may cause performance issues, system instability or conflicts between programs, and can hinder the effectiveness of the installed antivirus products.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Brie:
  • Delete/Move: emsisoft browser security & netcraft add-ons to browser extensions, They are not real-time protection tools.
  • Probably a bit overkill in real-time protection, I would remove appcheck ati-rw, since You already have F-Secure Safe + NVT SysHardener (tweaks applied), or You may stay only with Comodo FireWall + CruelSister settings, and remove all the others real-time products installed.
  • I would use a 3rd party PassWord Manager, in-built browser managers (Chrome in this case) are not so reliable.
  • I see You are using Windscribe as a browser extension, I would remove it and use Windscribe VPN Windows application, I guess that extension may leak some of Your private data.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, HitMan.Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
@Brie:
  • Delete/Move: emsisoft browser security & netcraft add-ons to browser extensions, They are not real-time protection tools.
  • Probably a bit overkill in real-time protection, I would remove appcheck ati-rw, since You already have F-Secure Safe + NVT SysHardener (tweaks applied), or You may stay only with Comodo FireWall + CruelSister settings, and remove all the others real-time products installed.
  • I would use a 3rd party PassWord Manager, in-built browser managers (Chrome in this case) are not so reliable.
  • I see You are using Windscribe as a browser extension, I would remove it and use Windscribe VPN Windows application, I guess that extension may leak some of Your private data.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free, HitMan.Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:
Even i agree. Real time is bit of a overkill.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i updated this. see the last post.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I use this to connect to WindScribe (of Your if free but You have to log in with Your user/password):
1549281962024.png
And no browser extension needed...

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i updated this 2-12-19. i added 'run by smartscreen'.

i removed windows defender anti-virus as an on demand scanner because it was always on and taking more memory than anything else.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
i updated this 2-12-19. i added 'run by smartscreen'.

i removed windows defender anti-virus as an on demand scanner because it was always on and taking more memory than anything else.
lol. Think about only Comodo with CS you are secure. Alone F-Secure you are secure. Webroot because you have and syshardener alone if you are not happy clicker is enough secure. And you have it all together :). Friend cool. Not need paranoia to stay secure. And you make your pc turtle.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
comodo Cs sandbox stops me from copy/pasting to wordpad and also printing coupons that are online.

thanks for replying. (y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.