Thought I had a virus/rootkit, performed a total wipe of my SSD using Parted Magic tool. Installed new OS and now facing same exact issue as before wipe (internet browsers hanging/just not working). Am I infected or is this just something else?
- Operating System
- Windows 10
- Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
- 64-bit (x64)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
Date = Sometime in August.
Symptoms = Browsers (specifically Internet Explorer & Google Chrome) hanging or not working. They open but when I try to navigate to a site they either take forever to load or don't load at all. Haven't tried Edge.
- Current issues and symptoms
- Same symptoms as before I wiped my SSD. Browsers hanging/not loading at all (can open the browsers but can't navigate to any sites or if I can it takes forever to load).
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
Rkill, Malwarebytes, RogueKiller, TDDKiller, Hitman Pro
Not sure if this is something of importance or not but Hitman Pro found Malwarebytes to be a Trojan.Fake.AV or something along those lines.
I looked it up but am still unsure if it was a false positive or not.
- Logs added to Help Request
- FRST.txt, Addition.txt
27.4 KB Views: 45
180.5 KB Views: 8
Likes: Nestor and Sunshine-boy