Here you go, thanks for your help.

It's worth noting that it looks like at the moment my browsers are working correctly, but last time I wiped they were mysteriously working correctly for a while and then (probably less than a month) reverted back to the all too familiar state of hanging/not working. This is what led me to believe I had/have some form of bootkit.
 

Attachments

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Can you get these two files?

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\GroupPolicy\{3E0A038B-D834-4930-9981-E89C9BFF83AA}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\GroupPolicy\{A7719E0F-10DB-4640-AD8C-490CC6AD5202}
 
Hmmm.. so it looks like I don't have permissions to do anything with these two files. I booted into safe mode and logged on with administrator account and still don't have access.
 

Attachments

  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 80
Do what's easiest for you :)

So I was able to give myself permission to these two files (hopefully this wasn't a bad move) and I copied them into a new folder and compressed it but am unable to attach the zipped folder ("The uploaded files does not have an allowed extension.") Is there another way I can get these files to you? This same error occurs when I try to attach them individually.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top